Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:40:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685053
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [commercial] War of Spanish Succession Portuguese flags  (Read 865 times)

Offline Lluís of Minairons

• Scientist
    • Minairons miniatures
[commercial] War of Spanish Succession Portuguese flags
« on: May 06, 2021, 02:59:33 PM »

I'm happy to announce release of a further War of the Spanish Succession flag sets, made available in 1:100, 1:72 and 1:56 scales simultaneously as usual. This time it's been the turn for the Portuguese Infantry ~1700 pattern, a well known design consisting of eight green and white triangles, with a countersquare frame of the same.

I've taken advantage of this above for also releasing a free PDF booklet summarizing all available information on Portuguese flags I've been able to gather from knowledgeable local sources.

And last, I would ask to all those having previously downloaded our Spanish flags PDF booklet to check what version do they have in hands, because I've taken advantage too for updating this latter with further information regarding postwar flags (1718 and 1728). If the booklet you have reads as "2.0 version" it's OK; otherwise, if it reads as "1.0 version" instead, that means you'd probably like to download it again.

Best regards,

Lluís Vilalta
www.minairons.eu
Minairons blog
Minairons facebook
"Nations that went down fighting rose again, but those who surrendered tamely were finished" - W. Churchill

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: [commercial] War of Spanish Succession Portuguese flags
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 10:21:52 PM »
Some years ago, when planning a project based on Duguay Trouin’s raid on Rio de Janeiro, I had a similar quandry about Portuguese infantry colours. The uniforms for the local regiments are reasonably well described in Tasso Fragoso’s Os Franceses no Rio de Janeiro but the flags are not.

After across similar info to yours I just decided to go with the flags of some the samba schools in Rio.  Being a fan of Mangueira I can’t accept that everyone would be waving the colours of Mocidade or Imperio Serrano.  That said, should I revive the project I will definitely get some of yours for alternate command stands.  :D
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

• Scientist
    • Minairons miniatures
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 09:38:38 AM »
Being a fan of Mangueira I can’t accept that everyone would be waving the colours of Mocidade or Imperio Serrano.

Argh. I didn't think of this  lol

OK OK, I'll give more room to other colour combinations   ::)

Lluís

Offline CaptainBigglesmay

• Assistant
  • Aucto Splendore Resurgo
    • My Photo bucket
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 08:19:22 AM »
Hi,

Any info on Portuguese syw flags? I know these same designs continue but what regiments had what flag

• Scientist
    • Minairons miniatures
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 06:32:41 PM »
What I've learnt (from Kronoskaf btw) is that, despite a 1728 regulation setting a new blue-red pattern for regimental flags, older WSS times green-white flags continued in use for a long time, well into mid century. I've reflected such informations in my PDF.