Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:30:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686536
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for 3D STL train models - WW2 Russian, German, & European - 1/72 & 1/48  (Read 3151 times)

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
Hi all,

Armed with my 3D printer, I am hoping to build up some trains for WW2. Does anyone know of some really good quality (detailed) models available in STL or other 3D printable formats that are out there??? I have had a look on Thingiverse and there isn't much that is any good (but given their poor search engine, I might be missing something...???).

Hope some of you can point me in the right direction! Thanks in advance for helping.

I could also use some really nice Tram cars....so links to any good ones would also be most welcomed.  :D

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
Come on, nobody knows of any sources???

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
Thanks...already went through that site.

On another 3D site - Cults - I did manage to find some German bits....

You would think that since HobbyBoss/Trumpeter have released 1/72 German locos (3 of them) and some flat cars for transporting tanks, that more things would be out there. I see MigAMMO re-released some of their resin German freight wagons, but they are very pricey and I need a few of them.

On the Russian side of things, while I have some UM Armored trains (2 to build  ;D ) I can't locate any normal train cars.

So if any of you out there know of other items, please let me know.  ;)

Offline Tadgie

• Bookworm
  • Too many projects. Too little time.
Try WOW buildings. They have plenty of WW2 terrain and they are currently running a KS which may be your cup of tea. Their KS normally add a bucket load of stretches as well.

I have no affiliation to them but am a backer.

Pretty sure there will be something there to entice you.

Happy browsing

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
Tadgie thanks for showing me that...but I am sure once my wife has killed me she will come looking for you!  lol lol lol lol

Some great looking 3D buildings on offer. Right now I have smaller resin printers for miniatures and AFVs, and these buildings clearly require a bigger print bed. But one can dream. I really like the U-Boot base...and the trains look okay.

Thanks for wetting my appetite for more..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Not sure if any of these are the correct format for your printer:

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models?keywords=train

Offline Tadgie

• Bookworm
  • Too many projects. Too little time.
I shall risk your wife killing me and suggest looking at 3dprintterrain and in particular the world at war part 3.

I am now going into hiding......

Enjoy

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
I shall risk your wife killing me and suggest looking at 3dprintterrain and in particular the world at war part 3.

I am now going into hiding......

Hide my friend....she is coming for you!  lol lol lol lol lol

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Does anyone know of some really good quality (detailed) models available in STL or other 3D printable formats that are out there??? I have had a look on Thingiverse and there isn't much that is any good (but given their poor search engine, I might be missing something...???).

Hope some of you can point me in the right direction! Thanks in advance for helping.

I could also use some really nice Tram cars....so links to any good ones would also be most welcomed.  :D
For European (especially German), you might not find much quarter scale stuff as it would be a bit small. You might be able to scale O Gauge (1/43) or European O Gauge (1/45) stuff down.