Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:56:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690723
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm CoC Panzer Lehr  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Mooby

• Student
15mm CoC Panzer Lehr
« on: May 07, 2021, 08:10:44 AM »
Hey everyone, I finished my core force for Chain of Command from my old Flames of War Panzer Lehr Panzergrenadiers, and I really wanted to share them with you all. It's the first time I've completed any 15mm project, so comments are very much welcomed.

Tom
Blog - https://bushybeard.home.blog

Instagram - @bushybeardtom
Facebook - Bushy Beard Tom

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
Re: 15mm CoC Panzer Lehr
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 12:33:43 PM »
Looking excellent sir! I really like the basing’s texture and tone. So is that the basic platoon done with supports to follow? An extra squad is often useful in CoC as is a mortar/MMG. Keep up the good work.

BALM
Beneath A Lead Mountain - my blog of hobby procrastination and sometimes even some progress
https://beneathaleadmountain.blogspot.com/

Offline Mooby

• Student
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 04:27:53 PM »
Precisely that, just the basic so far, although yes there is the obligatory extra squad in the box ready to be based up. I've still got to get a mortar and a few of the other Infantry support options, probably going to go for Peter Pig as he has quite the selection. Then it's on to the terrain support features  :D

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 09:07:41 PM »
I’m a big Peter pig fan, and an obsessive re-header of 15mm (I’ve found that often the head is the weakest part of the sculpt on Battlefront’s chaps). Some generic loaders/assistants are very useful as they can do multiple jobs depending on what supports you’re using. Great work, I look forward to seeing the terrain.

BALM

Offline Storm-the-front

• Student
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 02:23:00 AM »
I’m a big Peter pig fan, and an obsessive re-header of 15mm (I’ve found that often the head is the weakest part of the sculpt on Battlefront’s chaps). Some generic loaders/assistants are very useful as they can do multiple jobs depending on what supports you’re using. Great work, I look forward to seeing the terrain.

BALM

I struggle with Peter Pigs head sculpts. They tend to look like the school children in a Pink Floyd video. I think the Battlefront metal sculpts are far preferred when sculpted by Even Allen. That said, there are a few army types--Panzer Lehr being one of them--that are really disproportionate and bad.

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 12:14:30 PM »
Yes Evan’s stuff from the ‘end of FoW metal infantry’ era were excellent (and the hard plastics are very good, the newer resins are better than I thought), but a lot of the original metals have little to no face/uniform detail and some of them have terrible anatomical proportions (not ‘slightly heroic’ proportions just wrong). The Brit Commandoes have a chap who is an x shape, and then I imagine my great grandfather and great uncle running alongside him under fire, carrying weird Dave’s kit whilst he cartwheels up Sword the only way he knows how!  lol

Luckily I like Martin’s sculpting and use mainly PP infantry with bits of good FoW and FoW/PSC vehicles. Then if I can’t find a PP head I like or need more variants I just sculpt them.

Mooby - do you have an opfor planned or are you lucky enough to have a diligent opponent that is also interested?

BALM

Offline Mooby

• Student
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 04:08:40 PM »
Luckily I have a few opponents, one Yank army and one Brit army, along with another German army player.

I do struggle with the PP faces, but for the price and options available, I'm not too fussy anymore.