Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:43:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th  (Read 58549 times)

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« Reply #390 on: November 14, 2020, 12:31:06 AM »
Info from at least 10 days ago: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sansdetour/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/comments?comment=Q29tbWVudC0zMDQ2NzYyNw%3D%3D

Quote from: van kerckhoven
Une info qui interessera du monde: j'ai pris contact avec la société de liquidation et j'ai reçu des infos.

Monsieur

La mission du liquidateur est de faire l’état du passif et l’état de l’actif.

L’actif lorsqu’il est défini doit être réalisé afin de désintéresser les créanciers.

Dans ce dossier, à ce stade, je ne dispose d’aucuns actifs, il semble que le « ménage » ait été fait avant la désignation d’ALLIANCE.

Sachez que des enquêtes sont en cours et que je ne peux vous en dire plus

Cependant à ce stade de la procédure aucun créancier quel qu’il soit ne pourra être régler

Cordialement

Bon bah on a confirmation qu'il y a eu magouille...

Remember when the collaborators were claiming that the creators weren't going to run off with the funds?  ::)   

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #391 on: November 14, 2020, 10:54:30 AM »
Forewarned pre-liquidation asset stripping of your own business and transfer to another entity you own should be a criminal act. Were they stocks/shares being sold it would be viewed as insider trading, but physical assets are not counted like that so there will be no legal penalty.

Having used the same scam with Ludik Bazar and now Sans Detour these individuals are finished in the hobby, they cannot escape the fallout from this. "Once on the web always on the web".

Sadly this probably means that, unless they sell the Confrontation IP to a legitimate independent business, the game is done. The Confrontation fanbase is very small and pretty much everyone with an interest in the game was involved in, or following, this Kickstarter. Nobody will put up any more money for it regardless who fronts up a relaunch campaign so long as the core IP is still owned by Borowski and his cohorts.

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #392 on: November 14, 2020, 11:37:17 AM »
Sadly, as with others in the past they will simply go outside of the business area they have a bad reputation in, and get financial backing, and repeat a few more times yet over the coming years similar activities, with other peoples money.

Shame on them, but I don't think those core people care much about that, and have no doubt they will re-appear again with something.

We can hope that someone manages to take the IP away from them. But it would not be the first such IP to "die"

But most hopefully in future projects, whatever they be, and their involvement, enough people tell others about them, that they are noticed every time and their financial impact on any new victims is reduced as much as possible.

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #393 on: November 14, 2020, 05:12:36 PM »
 :o  OOooh I didn't know all this (I'm not a Confrontation player, but some of my friends were, a long time ago).

I understand now why 2-3 years ago some players in my area were talking about gaming Confrontation again, planning future games, agreeing about opening new subforums for this in our already existing wargaming forums, etc. ...and why I don't hear from them any more on the subject since (although I've asked).  :'(

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #395 on: December 23, 2020, 10:31:11 PM »
Well that's an interesting development, i had not swung by the relevant websites,  to check, had wrongly assumed the trainwreck pretty much over, and they mostly got away with it.

a civil and a criminal case possibly against them

Will be checking more often again. although not impacted, I feel for those who were, and it would be nice at least if certain persons, ended up in court for their actions, at the least. Some guilty of something verdicts would be even better.

Sadly, as they have already dealt with/moved any assets of value, I don't see moneys ever getting recovered or back to any investors of any kind.

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #396 on: March 24, 2023, 03:35:10 PM »
Looked at the KS' comments today, just to see any mention of results and found this 7 month old comment from van kerckhoven:

-Piotr Borowski (boss of sans-detour) sent 16500€ to stellar licencing & consulting limited (another one of his business).

-13948€ went to mister Tarapacki

-29948€ were used by sans-detour without any kind of justification.

-560€ were used by Piotr personally (no justifications)

-Piotr paid cable tv with the money of the campagne (canal satellites, 39.9€/month!)

-35750€ disapaired god only know where.

-331248€ of products disapaired.

-all the stock just vanished (only 2 computers and a tablet remain)

and he knew he wouldn't be able to deliver the product in january 2020.

AFAIK, no one's getting their money back, and the consequences for Piotr Borowski is he can't legally own a business for 10 years and something about personal bankruptcy ???. Anyone want to add to this?