Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:00:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A couple of fast build Panther tanks  (Read 696 times)

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Blog for wargaming in small places
A couple of fast build Panther tanks
« on: December 06, 2023, 02:01:48 PM »
Collecting in 1/72 …… thank goodness for the fast build kits that some companies have supported.

I have just had a crack at the Italeri Panther models and was surprised at the level of detail shown on the hull and the wheels, though like most of these things, track face still remain an area where more could be done.

Anyway, there are a few bloggy pictures.

LINK

https://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2023/12/172-fast-build-panthers.html

Offline brunei35

• Scientist
Re: A couple of fast build Panther tanks
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 03:15:26 PM »
Thanks for posting, especially the 'how to' on the second blog. Look good.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 09:43:06 AM »
Nice work; they certainly look the part  8)

I lke your little backstory too.

Interesting to learn that Italeri is actually acknowledging wargamers as a viable market. The two in a box and just 12 parts a piece thing is proof of that. How broad is this range at the moment?

And I guess we're whales to them; we will require multiples of certain kits most of the time. Which, from a sales point of view, is obviously something they're keen to cater to.
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 10:24:29 AM »
Nice work; they certainly look the part  8)

I lke your little backstory too.

Interesting to learn that Italeri is actually acknowledging wargamers as a viable market. The two in a box and just 12 parts a piece thing is proof of that. How broad is this range at the moment?

And I guess we're whales to them; we will require multiples of certain kits most of the time. Which, from a sales point of view, is obviously something they're keen to cater to.

They've been plumbing the wargaming market for a number of years. Fast build vehicles, buildings and battle sets. The fast build range is quite decent, covering, as you might expect the more popular/ obvious items but then there's more in their modelling range.

https://www.italeri.com/en/category/36

Not just 1/72 either. About half of the plastic 1/56 tanks in the Warlord Games range are Italeri kits rebadged. The original Italeri versions being typically much cheaper but they are identical kits. Italeri sell small packets of WG infantry and WG have brazenly rebadged 1/72 Italeri scenic items as 1/56 and their own.

Nice work on the Panthers Norm. Those really look the business.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 10:52:56 AM »
A shame 1/72 is not my scale of choice and I use 1/50 & 1/48 vehicles for 28mm instead of 1/56, or I would be all over these right now :D

Tamiya has quite a large range of 1/48 vehicles, but they're all 'proper' model kits. Although some actually have a moulded metal plate included to add weight to the model, which is awefully convenient for wargaming purposes So perhaps they were testing the waters there as well?

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2023, 11:02:51 AM »
I use the Tamiya kits myself. Being Tamiya they are superbly engineered so no drama to build. The first ones had a diecast lower hull you had to screw onto the uppers. Now they just have metal bars, you can stick inside.

Offline Tom Dulski

• Mad Scientist
  • BOOKWORM
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 12:14:41 PM »
A shame 1/72 is not my scale of choice and I use 1/50 & 1/48 vehicles for 28mm instead of 1/56, or I would be all over these right now :D

Tamiya has quite a large range of 1/48 vehicles, but they're all 'proper' model kits. Although some actually have a moulded metal plate included to add weight to the model, which is awefully convenient for wargaming purposes So perhaps they were testing the waters there as well?

I was thinking the same thing, those Tamiya kits are a pain to build. I would love a 1/48 Panther with only 12 parts.  :D :D :D