Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:01:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689489
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: FFL Miniatures  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Oldboy

• Librarian
FFL Miniatures
« on: May 15, 2021, 08:55:58 AM »
Good morning, I am in a bit of a quandry. I like very much the 1898 miniatures FFL, but there is no news on an enemy and it appears very much a side project for the company. The other plus is that they are a European company. I am in Italy.
I have asked North star whether there is a European company selling their (Artisan) FFL range but I know they are kept busy with orders etc. Does anyone on here know?
thank you Frank

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: FFL Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 11:04:07 AM »
You could take a look at Askari miniatures.
They are in America, were nice people
to deal with when I ordered from them,
I am in the UK.

Offline Oldboy

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 12:59:24 PM »
I like the Askari Miniatures very much but have discounted them firstly due to size, at my age bigger is better, and secondly because postage from US is prohibitive. It will be cheaper to buy from Northstar and pay duty on arrival in Italy.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 02:33:27 PM »
Good points, I just thought they might be able to provide opposition
for your Legionnaires.

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 03:44:23 PM »
Good morning, I am in a bit of a quandry. I like very much the 1898 miniatures FFL, but there is no news on an enemy and it appears very much a side project for the company. The other plus is that they are a European company. I am in Italy.
I have asked North star whether there is a European company selling their (Artisan) FFL range but I know they are kept busy with orders etc. Does anyone on here know?
thank you Frank

hi
i experimented the same hamletic doubts cause me too i live in Italy.   Anyway i think that as to Askari FFL and other extremely nice colonials they produce size/compability is not such an issue..i even mixed them with Redoubt FFL and they are OK...sometimes the real challenge is the design not really the eight and being Askari quite chunky and of  toy casting looking i think they ll fit fine with everything else....on the other hand the postage fee for Europe they ask is absolutly crazy. Ordering from UK..well could be a problem but i do not care a bit about any consequences and what EU wants to extort me ..and use to ask to the manufacturers to just write a value under 20£...and you'll not have any issues ..1898 minis seem very interesting but i have to check their size and design as concern compability...ennemies of colonial powers, above all French North and Sub Saharian Africa are always in need
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 03:48:32 PM by italwars »

Offline Oldboy

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2021, 07:28:14 PM »
If it helps I compared an 1898 miniature from Spanish American war with an Artisan WW2 British para and size wise they are very similar. Artisan though is a bit stockier.

Offline 1898 Miniaturas

• Librarian
    • 1898 Miniaturas
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 09:19:28 AM »
thank you Frank

Buongiorno Frank
Thank you for your nice words on our range. Although as I explained in the other thread it started as a "personal" project of our sculptor, it isn't a side project at all. Actually, the range had a great reception and we are planning how to expand it. First of all, with antagonists. Our sculptor is now working on TYW cavalry, then we'll back to the desert  ;)