Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:41:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Swords of Light and Darkness Expansion for Anno Domini 1666  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
An Expansion as well as a chance to get the original game with KS exclusives.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1263001724/swords-of-light-and-darkness/description

Pretty tempting and only about 38 hours left.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
I backed it.  Really like the figures in the original KS.

-Michael

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
I picked up their metal sculpt of El Capitane (not-Alatriste) at Spiel in Essen a couple of years back. Great mini.

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
An Expansion as well as a chance to get the original game with KS exclusives.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1263001724/swords-of-light-and-darkness/description

Pretty tempting and only about 38 hours left.

I really like their new "Cardinal's guard" but I thin they are KS esclusive...

Cheers

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
nice an' all, but oh for the days when a game was brought to market, and, you know, remained available off the shelf for some years to come.

I'd be interested in getting into this -  but still don't really understand Kstarters, and the Core set isn't available anyway ...

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
nice an' all, but oh for the days when a game was brought to market, and, you know, remained available off the shelf for some years to come.

I'd be interested in getting into this -  but still don't really understand Kstarters, and the Core set isn't available anyway ...

I believe the Core set is available in English, with your choice of metal or plastic miniatures. Although the better deal would have been to get it as part of the recent Kickstarter.

https://sklep.wargamer.pl/category/anno-domini-1666?horizontal

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian

They are available, but I empathise with your comment about lack of longevity for some of these projects. The other key issue is the lack of support once orders have been delivered, the lack of direct contact as well as the lack of accountability. (I'm involved in one legal suite in the US involving a KS).

Does anyone know how the figures compare in size to other ranges such as TAG, Bicorne, Warlord Games, Perry etc?
Climber, Motorbiking, Board gaming and Wargaming

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
I found some scale shots here but you may have to do some extrapolation to get the size comparisons you want.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/756937.page

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
well this is the thing. With things as they 'are' (no, I'm not going to go 'there'), I'd only really consider buying from a UK retailer with it 'on the shelf'.

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
I wonder how they would match up with Bloody Miniatures ECW models?

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
well this is the thing. With things as they 'are' (no, I'm not going to go 'there'), I'd only really consider buying from a UK retailer with it 'on the shelf'.

Well, that’s the thing…. fair enough, it works both ways, so I understand that.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
off at a slight tangent - but kind of relevant - was wondering what was going on with the 'new' (now 'old') GW cursed city set ... my goodness. Bizarre sales practice.

@Rick - to clarify: to say I'm impecunious is an understatement, and the whole KS approach just isn't for me.
As far as I can ever justifiy any purchases (which I have done all too often!), it has to be a done deal with the product delivered within days.
and to go 'there' a bit - with customs and overseas transportation and delivery now somewhat up the Kazoo (even worse than 'wazoo' ...) ... yeah... fantastic looking miniatures and game, but out of reach for me as things stand.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 09:59:34 AM by Bloggard »

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
I hear you mate, I really do.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
Backed the original Anno Domini 1666 Kickstarter and went "all in" on the plastic set.  Great game and wonderful minis; my two adult kids and I have enjoyed several games with them so far.  But we currently have so many AD 1666 factions and so many AD 1666 miniatures that the last thing I need now is more of them !  Good luck though.