Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:11:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686482
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: TWD Call to Arms (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mod) WIP  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Iv.An.

• Bookworm
  • Andrey Iv
TWD Call to Arms (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mod) WIP
« on: May 19, 2021, 11:35:49 AM »
Hello

Our group is working on modifying the rules. The project is not the only one, so we are not in a hurry. I will upload our developments here. Since I do not speak English, be prepared for the quirks of machine translation.

To begin with, we have limited the number of characters in the group. The maximum number of participants in a trip to the zone is five.

Why? If you do not take into account the realities of a computer game, but turn to the primary source (Picnic on the sidelines), then it becomes clear - people go to the zone alone, or as part of ultra-small groups. Many fans of this universe talk about the limit of three characters. This is true, of course, but the original rules are too lethal for the characters.

We also changed the character classes.
  • The Tactician remained unchanged. This is "Stalker".
  • The "Bulls" [Byk] are responsible for the force support of the operation. United class Marksman and Bruiser.
  • "Lockpick" [Otmychka] does all the dirty work. United class Runner and Support.
The group must include "Stalker". Think of it as your avatar on the table.

Also, the group must have at least one "Bull" and one "Lockpick". So the minimum composition of the group is three (just for the supporters of the classical approach).

Up to the maximum limit of five participants, there are two slots left. You can take one or two characters, "Bulls" and / or "Lockpicks", of your choice.

The group is recruited according to the point value of the characters and equipment.

A picture to attract attention. Bus stop (WIP), model made according to original Soviet drawings.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 11:37:27 AM by Iv.An. »

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
Re: TWD Call to Arms (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mod) WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 09:02:25 PM »
Great idea - I have a real fondness for TWD rules so I'm interested in what you come up with.

Love that bus stop as well!

Offline Iv.An.

• Bookworm
  • Andrey Iv
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 08:34:18 PM »
I am not responsible for the beauty of the pavilion, this is just a copy of the work of the architects. But thanks.

I'll tell you a little about mutants.

We decided to reduce the number of npc on the table, while increasing them. To convey the unpredictability of the Zone, markers, not miniatures, are placed on the table. Some of them are false. As soon as the character comes within 8 "to the marker, it will open. There will be a table with the options for monsters.

Blind dogs

We roll the blue die. Result = the number of dogs in the pack. If the result is one dog, then it is not aggressive. As in a computer game. If there are two or three dogs, then they attack the character. The profile of the dogs is similar to the profile of the zombie. But there is a difference.

Dogs only move in packs. Must remain under the Killing Zone pattern.

When moving, dogs can bend around obstacles. Do not get stuck like walkers.

Dogs can attack characters up to 1 "elevation.

Dog attacks count as walker attacks. One red cube for one dog, two for the second, three for the third.

On a Headshot die, the bite is considered to have caused bleeding. Works like a walker's bite. But you can stop the bed by using a bandage.

However, dogs are difficult to kill. Whoever played a computer game remembers which dogs are nimble. Requires Headshot result. Or twice the superiority of the attack roll versus the defense roll. Other results are not included.

As soon as there is only one dog from the pack, it retreats. Becomes peaceful (cowardly). This is convenient, you can drive her into an anomaly.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 08:23:03 AM by Iv.An. »

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 12:04:21 PM »
Interesting.

I look forward to hearing how it goes.

If you possess the Here's Negan! game there are Walker 'Blip' tokens with TWD dice symbols on them, they might be an alternative.

[Edit - rather than wade through my blog, here is an example token]
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 01:02:16 PM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Offline Iv.An.

• Bookworm
  • Andrey Iv
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2021, 03:09:19 PM »
Hmm ...

I lost sight of these rules. We only bought miniatures from there, but not the box itself. I looked at your blog about these tokens.

We need to think about it. Thanks

Monsters aren't just blind dogs. We have a plan to make some iconic critters for the computer game.

For example wild boars. These guys walk alone or in pairs. Stupid like walkers (get stuck in obstacles). But if a crit is inflicted with damage, then the knocked down effect is added to the bleeding. Defense, like Armored Walker.

Snork. This mutant attacks while jumping. If the distance between the mutant and the character model is 4 ", then the snork attacks. We roll the dice as usual. But after the attack, you must roll the scatter dice. The snork bounces 4" in the indicated direction (Except for those cases where the dice have a precise hit.). Thus, leaving the state of "engage in melee". It turns out to pay or shoot, or spend one action to approach him. The rest is not finished yet.

As for the bloodsucker, we do not yet have a consensus on what it should be.

The controller is also in the plans. His psi attacks are like shooting. Long distance. And he can take over the target's mind control.