Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 05:23:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1703211
  • Total Topics: 119263
  • Online Today: 615
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 497
Total: 502

Recent

Author Topic: CapnJim's Modern Stuff - Killing General Isgood FULL AAR...Pg 30 - 16 Jul 24)  (Read 60723 times)

Offline HESH

• Scientist
Some great finds there 👍

Offline CapnJim

• Galactic Brain
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Yep!  And thanks!
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline CapnJim

• Galactic Brain
My latest work is done.  I wanted to add to my seemingly understrength 28mm African regular platoon (for my fictional Peoples' Republic of Northern Gambola), which are a mix of mostly Eureka Miniatures ZANLA chaps, and a few MoFo Miniatures thrown in for good measure.  Just to be different, I decided to try a plastics (mostly) kit-bash for this augmentation project.  What I came up with is shown below...

First up is a leader and 2 RPG gunners.  The bodies (as are all these bodies) are from Warlord Games' WW2 US Marines sprue.  The arms are a mix of the Marine and Warlord's German panzer grenadier sprues.  Kit bits are from the Marine sprue and Warlord's ProjectZ Special Operator sprue.  The M16 is a metal one from Full Metal Miniatures.  The RPGs are from Warlord's ProjectZ Survivors weapons sprue.  Heads are from Warlord's British Para sprue.

Next, we have 3 grunts.  Again, the bodies are from Warlord's Marines sprue.  The arms too are a mix of the Marine and Warlord's German panzer grenadier sprues.  Kit bits are from the Marine sprue and Warlord's ProjectZ Survivor weapons sprue.  The FN-FAL is a metal one from Full Metal Miniatures.  The AKs are from Warlord's ProjectZ Survivors weapons sprue.  The beret heads are from Warlord's British Para sprue, while the soft-cap head is from the Marine sprue.

Then, we have a sniper and an MG team.  Again, the bodies are from Warlord's Marines sprue.  These arms too are a mix of the Marine and Warlord's German panzer grenadier sprues.  The M1903A4 is from Warlord's Marine sprue. The MG3 is an MG42 from Warlord's panzer grenadier sprue, while the ammo can and strip are from Warlord's Blitzkrieg Germans sprue.  The loader's M16 (lying on the ground next to him) is from Warlord's ProjectZ Survivors weapons sprue, while the loader's ammo cans are from one of Rubicon's German stowage sets.  One soft-cap head is from Warlord's Marine sprue, while the other is a resin head I got from my wargame bud Ted (don't know who made it).  The sniper's head is from Warlord's ProjectZ Special Operators sprue. 

And here is the whole batch together...

They fit well with my afore-mentioned existing African troops.  And I think they turned out pretty well.

With these guys, I have a senior officer, his bodyguard, 2 platoon-level leaders, a sniper, an MG3 team, and 3 squads of 8 men each (6 M16s/AKs, an LMG, and an RPG).  I also have 2 armored cars and dismounted crew for them. That oughta work...

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Great conversions Jim! :-* :-*
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
Fantastic - and absolutely inspirational.  I've been wanting to make some similar troops for a while, there's a lot to steal be inspired by here!

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
Very pretty; I bet they can fight too!

Offline HESH

• Scientist
Cracking job on those.,👍👍👍

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Great work mate! 👍
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Sgt_T

• Scientist
    • Toomuchterrain
Looking good. I did the same with warlord plastic british airborne bodies, wargames factory zulu heads, warlord project Z weapon sprues and other bits for my Burandan/Zingaran troops.

T.

Offline trev

• Mad Scientist
    • The Bits Box
Nice conversions.  I need to do some work on my Congo project.

Offline Russ justice

• Librarian
Fantastic work all round

Offline CapnJim

• Galactic Brain
Thanks, fellas!

Next up, I'm staying in modern(ish) Africa.  More 28mm Gunmen to go with my existing bunch.  I've prepped and primed a mix of Eureka Minis Somali Gunmen and MoFo Minis African Militia.  I plan to start actual painting on these yet today...

Offline HESH

• Scientist
More great work .

I’m gonna use this as a guide for mine!

Offline CapnJim

• Galactic Brain
Thanks, HESH.  Have a poke around your unpainted pile and your bits box.  You never know what you might be able to use, not to mention what's available on the market.  Methinks were are currently in a kit-basher's glory days... :D

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
It is amazing how all of the kits out there are letting people mix and match to come up with to represent new figures that the originals weren't necessarily intended for...! Great job on these, Jim!

Mike Demana