Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:18:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690625
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Newline Design 28mm Bengal lancers vs Foundry  (Read 4775 times)

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
Re: Newline Design 28mm Bengal lancers vs Foundry
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2021, 03:09:41 PM »
Mad Guru, thanks for your photos, they completely change my mind about Old Glory artillery set.
they are good and your paint is beautiful.

Mad Guru try, for your personal well-being, to avoid the friendship with such Wazir, he isn't so bad but
he has strange beliefs about the course of life, is convinced to defeat fFringhi  and the powerful Umra.
I tried to teach him something but it turned out to be just a waste of time.
the malicious poor wazir is not sailed like us who have fought for so many years.
he has no mule, neither warriors , he's just a poor man,
he'il end up hiding inside his tower as soon as he hears the first shot of rifle , and I kindly, after kicking him in the back ,
will bring the Wazir ,Oh Great Mad Guru , to you as my personal gift.
your always friendly Umra Khan

bhang ka puda lakdi naheen ho sakta kyunke wazir adami naheen ho sakta
a cannabis plant cannot be wood as a Wazir  cannot be a man .
Afridi's sentence

PS hoping there is not a real Wazir here, is just a joke  lol lol

Offline JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2021, 04:08:09 AM »
What an absolute pleasure to read this thread and the other about your campaign. As my brother from another mother, Mad Guru mentioned, we talk trash to each other as well, before, during, and after games, but on a more private coms channel, lol.

It is true, the Guru has one of the BEST NWF collections currently in N America comprising practically every 28mm mfgr for this period. His battles are epic, a thing of beauty, historically accurate, and require endurance in its own right just to complete the table top missions. Yes, we had all met at various times and places before, but had bonded as a group at the The Sword And The Flame inspired Larry Brom convention in New Orleans, Colonial Barracks!

Let the trash talking continue. I for one shall follow the narrative eagerly, with bated breath.

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2021, 01:08:31 PM »
What an absolute pleasure to read this thread and the other about your campaign. As my brother from another mother, Mad Guru mentioned, we talk trash to each other as well, before, during, and after games, but on a more private coms channel, lol.

It is true, the Guru has one of the BEST NWF collections currently in N America comprising practically every 28mm mfgr for this period. His battles are epic, a thing of beauty, historically accurate, and require endurance in its own right just to complete the table top missions. Yes, we had all met at various times and places before, but had bonded as a group at the The Sword And The Flame inspired Larry Brom convention in New Orleans, Colonial Barracks!

Let the trash talking continue. I for one shall follow the narrative eagerly, with bated breath.

thanks JBaumal, we are pleased that you, Mad Guru and others liked our campaign and our way of running it  lol lol
I 'm an old TSATF player, but my friend Giorgio, the Malicious Wazir ,prefer the TMWWBK, so despite my age I have to learn a new regulation ( this will cost him many rupees).
I'm pleased to know that you and your friends already used a trash talking during a wargame, it happens here too; but with Giorgio the custom of joking with each other citing our respective wargame  characters ( Umra and Muleghead )was suddenly born.
and this way of trash conducting the campaign we keep even during our normal comments, often citing what the wazir will do to the afrid and vice versa with great fun.
We just hope that the continuation of the campaign will be as fun as the first part.
...and as they say from the parts of Jandol, "every moment is good to insult a Wazir"

PS: during my NWF books reading I found several steps where Characters/leaders of different tribes or clans addressed each other with trash terms and expressions, wishing the worst deaths and misfortune.

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2021, 02:27:40 PM »

I 'm an old TSATF player, but my friend Giorgio, the Malicious Wazir ,prefer the TMWWBK, so despite my age I have to learn a new regulation ( this will cost him many rupees).

My god another rule set??!!!  :'( :'( :'( just now that i feel almost comfortable after years of trying to understand (and at end succeeding ) TSATF :D...i would have prefered, instead of a new rulebook, to study and  took again my "Political Economics" and "Private Law" exams of my university time  o_o
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 02:30:08 PM by italwars »

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2021, 03:22:51 PM »
My god another rule set??!!!  :'( :'( :'( just now that i feel almost comfortable after years of trying to understand (and at end succeeding ) TSATF :D...i would have prefered, instead of a new rulebook, to study and  took again my "Political Economics" and "Private Law" exams of my university time  o_o

lol lol lol lol lol

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2021, 11:34:44 AM »
Umra Khan, your newly revealed intel changes everything… if what you say is true, and Giorgio, AKA: the Malicious Wazir, has led you astray, to renounce TSATF, embrace the ways of the Infidel and turn to a newer but lesser False God, AKA: rules set… I must renounce him, scatter his chapters & verses to the four winds — especially the bitter cold North wind & blazing hot & humid South wind — and declare myself TEAM UMRA… all the way to Memphis.  May the bones of this false Fakir’s misled followers litter every rock from Kohat to Peshawar, and Tirah to Chitral.  So let it be written, so let it be done, bang the gong, get it on.
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2021, 12:57:17 PM »
The Malicious Waziro is completely illiterate, rumors are circulating that he is also blind in one eye, burned for punishment by his grandfather for stealing a samosa cake,
he barely understands the figures ... we will play TSATF making him believe it is TMWWBK.

Probably ,having the Waziro little sense of orientation , he will not arrive in time for the battle and will get lost , as usually,  in the mountains, ravines and gullys.

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2021, 02:04:03 PM »
more news and the  story of the sad end of the malicious Wazir continue on .....
Never trust anyone on the Frontier ...an epic NWF Campaign
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 02:22:12 PM by Umra Khan »

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2021, 05:07:01 PM »
Interesting 👍🏻
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 05:29:06 PM by italwars »