Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:50:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Running Through the Jungle with Hammertime - Updated 5.2.2022  (Read 11120 times)

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Running Through the Jungle with Hammertime - Updated 5.2.2022
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2022, 06:52:37 PM »
Amazing stuff! I don't know how I haven't seen this thread before. I really love that first report you did, and intend to now read your entire thread. I love the idea of persistent gaming, tracking named troops etc, really adds a lot of context and immersion. Might have to check these rules out for my fledgling Vietnam collection (I bought a few packs at Partizan a few weeks ago).

Offline Volleyfire!

• Scientist
  • At 100 yards................Volleyfire!!!
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2022, 09:04:35 PM »
Loving this thread. Some simply gorgeous terrain you've made there and some great photography.
 I'm just wondering, are the paddy fields from Take Cover Scenics, and the civilians from Full Metal Miniatures, as I'm thinking of purchasing these same items from both manufacturers?

Offline Hammertime

• Assistant
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2022, 09:56:54 PM »
Hey Guys!

Loving this thread. Some simply gorgeous terrain you've made there and some great photography.
 I'm just wondering, are the paddy fields from Take Cover Scenics, and the civilians from Full Metal Miniatures, as I'm thinking of purchasing these same items from both manufacturers?

The paddy fields are home made. on the smaller dykes I used Das modeling clay to make the embankments, with Styrofoam used on the higher banks.

Amazing stuff! I don't know how I haven't seen this thread before. I really love that first report you did, and intend to now read your entire thread. I love the idea of persistent gaming, tracking named troops etc, really adds a lot of context and immersion. Might have to check these rules out for my fledgling Vietnam collection (I bought a few packs at Partizan a few weeks ago).

Thanks! I'm having a fun time with a narrative game and really like adding the ongoing story of these characters/

Every time I read one of your reports, I want to get into this period. Awesome job on the details and effects of this series of games. I always look forward to your reports!

Thanks! The goal is always to get people interested into the period and rules!

Wow!  Now that's how US firepower can work!  An expensive win for the US, though...

Anyhoo, well done! :D :D

There is no easy win when I am in command! Murphy's Law is always ready

FANTASTIC!

Great write up and pictures. Love it  :-* :-*

Thank's Paul! Your figures are to blame, inspiring me into a never-before time period!

Stunning work.
You’ve put lots of time and effort into this.
Congratulations on some great AAR’s.

Thank you!

Nice !

Thanks!

That was simply awesome. Nicely painted miniatures, a beautiful table, and those delightful explosion effects. Above and beyond, all the way around. Also liked the way that you presented the AAR and the indepth tracking of all the models with the army rosters. A-1 presentation. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us, very appreciated.

Glad you enjoyed it! Definitely a labor of love!

Thanks again for looking and commenting! I appreciate it!

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2022, 09:56:26 AM »
Great stuff!

Remind me. What rules are you using?

Online AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2022, 10:28:39 AM »
An excellent advert for the period - love the figures, scenery and especially the artillery markers…v.effective.

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed AAR  8)

Offline Hammertime

• Assistant
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2022, 02:35:05 AM »
An excellent advert for the period - love the figures, scenery and especially the artillery markers…v.effective.

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed AAR  8)

Thanks!

Great stuff!

Remind me. What rules are you using?

Hi Dr. Zombie! I am using "The Nam - The Way It Was" by Wayne Bollands

« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 02:37:06 AM by Hammertime »