Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2022, 04:32:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 9665
  • Latest: gaelfg
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1580451
  • Total Topics: 110553
  • Online Today: 349
  • Online Ever: 1675
  • (December 28, 2020, 04:48:59 PM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: CapnJim heads back to 'Nam...(Drums at the Rapids 2nd BOHICA game AAR 26 May 22)  (Read 9263 times)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Loving it! Great stuff!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Great looking game - really love the reports

:)

Offline CapnJim

• Mastermind
Thanks, fellas! 8)
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
An enjoyable read CapnJim as are the other games you've posted. Keep up the good work.

If I may, I have a couple of questions.

You mention Ambush Alley and Force on Force, to be honest I've never read a bad game report by folk using these rules but you're not using them! Why not? I know next to nothing about rules for recent conflicts so am interested in your thoughts.

I like your written storylines but wondered why you put the pictures at the end rather than within the body of the text.  Just curious because what you do works well.  :)

This isn't  my natural  viewing place when I visit LAF but I'm  looking forward to the next action packed scenario in a hot spot near you and I'll make sure to look out for it.
Cheers

Offline CapnJim

• Mastermind
Thanks, Vagabond!  I play (and paint) several periods, so just keep your eyes peeled for future reports (here, in the WW2 Board, the Age of Big Battalions Board, the Pulp Board, the Old West Board, and so on....)

You mention Ambush Alley and Force on Force, to be honest I've never read a bad game report by folk using these rules but you're not using them! Why not? I know next to nothing about rules for recent conflicts so am interested in your thoughts.

Good question.  I really like Ambush Alley and Force on Force.  Heck, I was one of their play-testers, and even co-authored some the scenario books for FoF.  But, as I advance in my wargaming experiences, I've grown to appreciate some of the simpler rules, like Fistful of LeadBOHICA falls in between those, complexity-wise, so I thought I'd give it a whack.

I like your written storylines but wondered why you put the pictures at the end rather than within the body of the text.  Just curious because what you do works well.  :)

I'm lazy!   :D  I've found it a bit easier to caption and attach the photos to the post, in lieu of posting them in the gallery here and imbedding them into the post.

In any event, I'll keep posting AARs as we play our various games!

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog

I'm lazy!   :D  I've found it a bit easier to caption and attach the photos to the post, in lieu of posting them in the gallery here and imbedding them into the post.

I wondered if that might be the reason. :D

Offline CapnJim

• Mastermind
I wondered if that might be the reason. :D

Yes, well, I am what I am... ;)