Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Middle Earth restarted  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
Re: Middle Earth restarted
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2021, 06:03:58 PM »
Another inspiring LOTR thread!

Really like the marching orcs and would certainly be interested in knowing how you made those if you're of course willing to share.
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Alan Mercer

• Scientist
    • Alan's Wargaming Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2021, 07:40:20 PM »
No real secret to these. There’s a whole mix of various kits. Most are Oathmark Goblin torsos, with some Fireforge, Gripping Beast, Frostgrave and Gw torsos. Heads are a mix of Oathmark, Warlord, Frostgrave, and some others I can’t remember, arms are Oathmark, Perry, Fireforge, with some Fireforge polearms added in. Lots of green stuff fur and hoods to cover up awkward joints and cut marks.

So I had a vision of what I wanted, I blu-tacked a few bits together until I liked what I saw and then got completely carried away making them. The variations are endless and it’s actually great fun.  I didn’t buy whole boxes of kits other than Oathmark, but lots of single sprues on eBay.

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2021, 09:44:58 AM »
No real secret to these. There’s a whole mix of various kits. Most are Oathmark Goblin torsos, with some Fireforge, Gripping Beast, Frostgrave and Gw torsos. Heads are a mix of Oathmark, Warlord, Frostgrave, and some others I can’t remember, arms are Oathmark, Perry, Fireforge, with some Fireforge polearms added in. Lots of green stuff fur and hoods to cover up awkward joints and cut marks.

So I had a vision of what I wanted, I blu-tacked a few bits together until I liked what I saw and then got completely carried away making them. The variations are endless and it’s actually great fun.  I didn’t buy whole boxes of kits other than Oathmark, but lots of single sprues on eBay.

Thanks for the information managed to spot most manufacturers but had missed some. Think I need some European Mercenaries pikes for conversions  ;)