Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:53:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Watchful I Studio issues  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Menelduir

• Scientist
  • Pulp Alley Phantom Agent
    • Rants and Ramblings of an Unfocused Gamer
Watchful I Studio issues
« on: May 27, 2021, 01:09:45 PM »
Hello

Has anyone else had issues with Watchful I Studio?

I am 'celebrating' my 2 year anniversary of trying to get my Kickstarter items!
While there was an initial delay on my end regarding the pledge manager, it is now well beyond anything that is my fault!

The last communication that I received from Watchful I tried to put some of the blame on Ainsty Casting, suggesting that Watchful I was waiting for a restock. That was February 2021. However that has been a line used before. Watchful I has not responded to any of my 5 recent emails sent after that communication.

The sad thing is this was a lousy $90.00 order, nothing massive, and nothing fancy, just some Terracotta figures that I would have liked to use in a Pulp Alley game. It has been a frustrating, needling, annoying and seemingly never ending (or at least never fulfilled) situation.

Thanks for letting me rant!

For more gaming stuff feel free to check out my blogs:
General blog: Rants and Ramblings of an Unfocused Gamer @ http://menelduir.blogspot.ca/
Painting/building blog @ https://menelduirspainting.blogspot.com/
VSF related blog @ https://vsfadventuresofmenelduir.blogspot.com/

Offline N.C.S.E

• Scientist
Re: Watchful I Studio issues
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 02:16:29 PM »
That's disappointing. I did one of their kickstarters in 2015 and fulfillment was fine. I'd have bought more but a large part of the site was sold out when I checked last year.

Offline Menelduir

• Scientist
  • Pulp Alley Phantom Agent
    • Rants and Ramblings of an Unfocused Gamer
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 03:48:02 PM »
Stranger and stranger
Coincidentally to my posting this missive, I just got an update from the company via Kickstarter. Judging by what was contained in the update, it would seem that I am not the only one negatively impacted by a delay.  I may be alone as far as North America goes, but the update suggests that quite a number of patrons outside of the Americas have also not received anything (including updates)

The statement is a few paragraphs long but really does not supply any real update or proper timeline to resolve, though it does sort of offer a chance of a refund. Chance in that he supplies an email where "we can discuss the options" ...

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 09:18:34 PM »
Together with a friend of mine we did 2 quite substantial pledges and received the major part of our stuff late August 2020. This was a year later than promised, but I have seen this kind of delay with many other Kickstarters.
On the 20th of this month we I received the remaining items. We are based in Germany.

Both times I got my stuff sent after asking by mail how the delivery situation is. I don't know if that was by chance....

The quality of the miniatures is generally good with some casting issues on some of the horses which I was told to adress to Aisnty Castings.

My personal view is that things got delayed due to casting / molding issues and after this being settled, the Brexitmadness and Covid hit hard...

P.S. I am always wondering about the sold out stuff in the online shop, but in the end it's a hobby project and as long stuff is delivered I can live with it.
These days it's Wargods and Warhammer Armies Project I am working on !

Check out my gallery here on LAF
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Offline Dolnikan

• Librarian
    • Dolnikan Games
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 08:22:51 AM »
I received mine last summer, after quite a few delays. Overall I'd say that I'm happy, although it would have been great to have some assembly instructions for the chariot/catapult. Those were a bit of a challenge.

As far as I understand it, things didn't go as planned and I actually was afraid that I wouldn't receive anything in the end. That fortunately didn't happen and I think that the guy behind it does want to deliver. The latest update also refers to being willing to give money back to those who didn't get their stuff.

Offline Stosstruppen

• Assistant
    • Adventures in Wargaming and History
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 01:16:20 PM »
I saw a youtube post the other day and he had moved recently about 1500 miles from Chicago to Atlanta. While that doesn't explain any failure in your KS, it would explain any recent delays or lack of communication.
凱文

"Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide."

Napoleon Bonaparte