Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:04:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690747
  • Total Topics: 118345
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: "Never trust anyone on the Frontier" an ...epic NWF Campaign  (Read 98957 times)

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
Re: "Never trust anyone on the Frontier" an ...epic NWF Campaign
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2021, 12:29:17 PM »
A given word is a given word!
Even in the frontier ?😏😆

Not ...on the Frontier is highly recommended, indeed mandatory not to respect neither the word given nor the promises made.

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2021, 11:01:53 AM »
Gen. Daniel Simmons gives orders to his officers for the tomorrow morning  movement towards the Jandol pass.
In his mind return the voices of political agents who report secret negotiations between Khans of different tribes ' ... this does not bode well; he is a military expert on the Frontier and knows that these rumors are harbingers of bad news.
New Khans are about to declare themselves and this could lead to a general uprising on the Frontier. but He is a soldier, he will carry out orders, he leaves these things to the Politicians.

The Peshawar mountain battery is already arrived, and now everything is ready for tomorrow's march.

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2021, 12:55:49 PM »
Umra the Magnificent knows that other tribes are preparing for war against the Ferenghi, the guns are running along the Frontier transported and hidden in the caravans that periodically travel the most difficult and inaccessible paths.
A new Khan is about to appear on the horizon, a certain  Nadir Khan , another follower of the False Word, of the New Religion of the Perjurers. Allah sees everything and will punish these heretics by taking away all their mules.
Mules are the most beautiful animals and are suitable for walking the steep paths of the Frontier, Allah created them just for the pleasure  of the Afridis to steal them.

Umra screams in the wind of the mountains ... " where are my friends, my fellow faith Mad Guru and Jbaumal ? Why don't they come with their flags to fight with me the Infidels? the Malicious Wazir  is increasing his followers but fortunately he is always taken to count his mules for fear that they will be stolen from him , my friends Italwars and Major Blunder are hidden like fleas on a camel...I'm alone to fight  against the heretics and the Ferenghi,..... but the sword of the Mighty Umra is still  bloodthirsty, no mercy on my enemies and all the mules to me ,... those of the Malicious Wazir are the finest  :P :P! "

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2021, 12:57:55 PM »
July 12nd 1890
 Sir I respectfully send to you the summary of the message that the bandit Mulehead has sent from his impregnable tower to his supposed right hand the bandit Zarin, desertor and killer. The relevant message speaks about disorders and risks of tribes raising in the North.
Humble servant   Tanas Singh, Subedar 2 Sikh company of Guides PFF.

My son Zarin blessed by the Almighty rules, pride of El Osprey and essence of faithfulness and devotion, you that walk in the path of True and Justice be happy! Great news come from North and very soon my plots will produce the planned results, because the Word of the Book is true and who follows It will be in happiness for ever.
A new mighty Khan, Nadir the pious, will declare his faith and join us in the Jihad to repulse ferenghees and destroy all the heretics, starting from the Mad of Swat and his ferenghee traitor Sgt Guinness.
Brother El Quartah is still monitoring Omar and Ferenghees in the Tochi valley, ready to rally all Afridis mules as their previous owners will be fully involved with Kafiri.
I was fooled by Umra the jackal and he showed me the unmentionable heretic rule, ridiculous agglomerate of black and withe silly notions. Not even the colours accepted to remain deposited on that infamous book. Trust in the only glorious Rule, full of flamboyant pictures , hilarious anecdotes and wise instructions! While I’m waiting news from Narid the blessed, may Almighty TMWWBK give you peace, abundant blessings, wisdom, internal peace of mind, joy and everlasting happiness.
Your Father in rule, Mulehead
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 07:20:45 PM by giorgio »

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2021, 02:08:09 PM »
Maliciuos Wazir may you have the fleas of 1000 camels... and arms so short that they can't scratch you !
(typical Afridi wish )

For the Prophet's beard.....

you said : " ridiculous agglomerate of black and withe silly notions. Not even the colours accepted to remain deposited on that infamous book. Trust in the only glorious Rule, full of flamboyant pictures , hilarious anecdotes and wise instructions ".

the black and white drawings were made when the man of the Frontier lit the fire  with lightning, and there was not today's technology of the white man, the color drawings and the precious information only serve to paint the turbans in the wrong colors, the Sacred Book reported for all brothers of the Frontier the color of the turban "OFF WHITE".  lol lol
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 02:33:55 PM by Umra Khan »

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2021, 01:20:27 AM »
Umra Khan has got it goin' on

Umra, can I come over after Masjid?
We can hang around & watch the foes of the TSATFL bleed
Did the Malicious Wazir launch another attack?
Is he still alive or did you shoot him in the back?
    (The proper price to pay for all Infidels like that)
The Malicious Wazir, that False Fakir
Tell him truth a thousand times & yet he will not hear
He can worship his False God & pray to Osprey
Yet the Faithful refuse to follow, including you & me
    (But still we honor their many books for colorizing history)

Umra Khan has got it goin' on!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 12:33:02 AM by Mad Guru »
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2021, 07:31:30 PM »
12th July 1890
from General Bindon Blood ,Rawalpindi:
Dear McGuinness, the situation in Chitral has precipitated quickly, old friend Shuja Dad has been murdered by the rebel Ali Razah  Khan who stirred up the Chitralis against us.
Two English civilians residing there were also killed, Mr and Mrs Stevenson, the Chitral garrison made up of a company from the 40th Pathans and one from the Gordon Highlanders , Bombay Artillery under the command of the oldest officer, Col. Dano McGurule  closed in the fort , I don't know how long it will last.
You must immediately organize 2 brigades plus divisional troops and move quickly from Nowshera to Chitral.
Bring a good political officer with you as you will have to cross territories populated by warrior tribes and you may encounter further difficulties.
good luck my friend
BBlood
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 12:08:38 AM by Umra Khan »

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2021, 02:46:03 PM »
From the July 12, 1890 issue of the Peshawar Tribune from our correspondent Reginal Winkie:

Dear Reader, I’m just arrived in the romantic regions of North West Frontier and I find myself completely overcome by so many facts, intrigues, lies that I feel the urgency to summarize what happened to guess next developments. 

All started with the fight between Mulehad and Umra , Mulehead El Kommiss Khan is very jealous of Umra’s rich caravans and mighty fortress and of his good relations with Raj troops and with the charismatic Mad of Swat.
Our brilliant General Bindon Blood from Rawalpindi  sent two brigades , under Gen Simmons (from Dera Ismail Khan up to Tank and from there to Jandola and then to Wana to capture Mulehead) and Gen Davenport (from Koath down to Bannu and then to Idak and the Tochi valley).

Both the Khans try to gather allies and friends under their control, radicalizing the fight due to religion involvement between followers of the old TF&TS and the new TMWWBK.
Among the first Mad Guru khan of Swat, or Mad of Fools and Traitors for his enemies,  the kabuli Italwars and recently from Chitral the mighty  bloodthirsty Alì Razah Khan, who was recently appointed and proclaimed himself as Mehtar of Chitral replacing the old Khan Shuja suddenly dead for a bad cold complicated by  Alì’s tulwar in his chest.  . The latter include China border warriors of Sharpe52 and the pasthuns of Hu Rhu but now they have been reinforced by the foxy Hashim Alì Khan from the black mountain tribes, with his pesty cavalry and formidable warriors..

Gen Davenport had a detached column in Hangu under Col Fulllerton and asked him to join his brigade in Bannu. Mulehead sniffed the possibility for a trap: he gave Spinwam to Umra in exchange of rich caravans, but his troop under the faithful El Quartah harassed Fullerton’s column around Spinwam, to sprinkle a fight with Afridis and ready to deal with the survivals.  Fullerton destroyed the village but at that point Afridis under Omar the beautiful get their revenge with an unexpected victory over Fullerton (famous for his words “my barracks for another lancers squadron” and for his unlucky tactic of charging with cavalry up the rocky hills). The Colonel reached Davenport and they asked for reinforcement before proceeding.

In the South the Wazir El Growly created troubles in Kajuri Karg and Simmons’ intelligence (an oxymoron, isn’t it?) reports that a caravan of camels and mules with rifles and ammunition , intended to the rebel Mulehead Khan , was supposed to reach Manzai before the final destination to Wana.
Simmons sent a strong detachment under the command of Capt. J.K.Carruthers  to intercept the column, seize the weapons and impose taxes to local Malik and Headmen  for the  help to the rebel.
El Growly tried to ambush Carruthers but was defeated, anyway his bold action allows the caravan to pass. Unfortunately for the waziris the caravan was than a prey of Umra’s and the new rifles were used by Omar to defeat Fullerton’s column in Spinwam.

While at North situation seems static with Davenport entrenched in Bannu and Omar and El Quartah raiding each other, at South 2 new actors were taking a prominent position: Muhammad Alì Jarryd “The Scavenger” who despatched his past boss El Growly and now declared himself the khan of all Waziris south of Kajuri Kach, where a deserter of 40th Punjabi, Zarin Khan, an Umra’s man, tried to get the confidence of The Scavenger creating some troubles which require the arrival of Capt. R.F. Forsyth who brought with him 2 platoons of the Corps of Guides. The Guides were encircled by Scavenger’s warriors and required for reinforcement from Gen Simmons.
The Zarin Khan  plan was to convince Mulehead that he is a  faithful of new Rule and earn his trust but he wants to steal the original rule TMWWBK.

A new emerging character was the political agent Maj. F.G. Haldane who wanted to establish contact with the Mahsuds tribe to prevent them from joining  the Waziri of Mulehead in a Jihad.
His success in bribing the elders was doubled by a sound victory obtained by the column under Col Frederick sent to help Capt Forsyth and in the fighting El Scavenger himself was shot dead. A good opportunity for Zarin Khan to take the control of the local tribes, under the shield of Mulehead.

A dispatch has already reached Gen. Mc Guinness ( yes the heroic highlander officer!) in Nowshera to mobilize two brigades and their divisional troops and move quickly from Nowshera to Chitral facing a long journey full of pitfalls and dangers due to warrior tribes that he will find in his path.

In the deep North, Black Mountain Hashim Alì Khan ‘s  has taken the power with the help of his brother, the perfidious ruthless Sikander Khan.
BgGen Channer VC with few regulars is coming for controlling the ambitious new Khan, TMWWBK fanatic.

B Gen. Daniel Simmons ordered to his officers to leave the safe entrenchments in Tank and start   movement towards the Jandol pass.
In his mind return the voices of political agents who report secret negotiations between Khans of different tribes ' ... it does not sound good; he is a military expert on the Frontier and knows that these rumours are harbingers of bad news.
New Khans are about to declare themselves and this could lead to a general uprising on the Frontier. but he is a soldier, he will carry out orders also if contrary to his thought, facilitated by not having usually any thought at all. But that could be just another trap ready to spring , prepared by the infidous bandit Mulehead ready to exploit any opportunity that the long march started by Gen Simmons will offer. Especially those beautiful mules which are loaded with artillery pieces. Both precious loot to be used against heretics in Tirah, Swat and now Chitral. Kabuli are still in an unclear position wavering between the old and the new Rules Books.

For the Sports page, polemics don’t stop after the big match in Peshawar Polo stadium between Wana Camels and Kyhber Jezails. After few minutes from beginning all five referee mules were stolen. Referee has been disqualified due to the ancient Pashtun rule: if you cannot control your mule you cannot rule a Polo match. After skirmishing between the teams Waziri won the matches steeling 3 mules against 2 mules and 1 wounded Afridis.

Now everything stopped in the valleys, no sounds, no rumors, not even birds singing; what is the Mighty malicious Mulehead plotting? What hès next step? Which instructions has provided to Zarin? What is there (if anything) in Gen Simmons’head while he’s marching towards Jandola?

Jezails locks are well oiled, tulwars are sharpened, new battle smell is in the air, surrounding Gen Simmons’column rearguard as vultures flying around next victims.

I hope to bring very soon news from the four scenarios: Jandola Pass, Tochi Valley, Chitral and Black Mountain. Foundries are full time working to produce enough Raj troops to manage all these troubles!
I will update you soon from the very first line, and I include a sketch with our forces disposition up to date.

Yours faithfully
Reginald Winkie
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 03:28:05 PM by giorgio »

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2021, 09:04:51 AM »
13th July 1890
the column of Gen.Simmons leaves Tank's camp and heads to Jandol Pass to the sound of mule harnesses and soldiers' footsteps.
Simmons detached the Guides to crown the heights and protect the advance of the column; has put Maj. Williamson in command of the rearguard ... but he has already repented ... remember that a few days ago the Major had a fight with a Pathan and that he is a vengeful man ... Simmons is afraid that 2000 pounds of education can be cut off by  a 10 rupee jezail ....

Offline Major Blunder

• Schoolboy
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2021, 01:53:42 PM »
If I have to have a khan name, I shall be known as "Beer Khan".  :P
Fighting on the frontier will be new but my troops learn quickly. Major Blunder is a past master at survival. Sounding the Retreat ( but forgetting to tell anyone else), he discovered a safe cavern with protective rocks outside. His troops rushed to follow him and were thus saved. Major Blunder is them awarded the queen's defence medal for running away to find cover from the scourge of many Hillman's rifles. Unfortunately, Peter Sellers wasn't present to sound the bugle of warning... lol

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2021, 02:08:56 PM »
From a high rock Zarin looks in the valley where vultures are banqueting with the rest of Gen Simmons ’rearguard while feeble pipes sounds are warning about Simmon’s highlander coming with the rest of Brigade, but it is too late.
Before the perfect trap springs the gallant guides detected Rashid’s waziris. Lt Hastings was already drunkard but is havildar managed well to repulse the waziris until Zarin arrived on their flank and destroyed all.
This brilliant fight allowed Maj Williamson with his Sikh artillery to prepare to face the attack.
Hassan’s Ghazi charged supported by the hapless  Hamid and not supported by the idiot Nadir Khan, whose men anyway advanced to the ridge of the hill.
While Maj Williamson    well supported by Cpt Reid ìs artillery manged to repulse the Pashtuns Zarin Khan attacked and almost destroyed the Sikhs. It seemed that Williamson could repulse the waziris when Nadir men remembered they are irregulars well armed and refused his orders to fire on routed Hadam’s tribesmen and with a fantastic row of dices decimated the remaining British , that were butchered by Rashid’s four last tribesmen which than despatched also Cpt Reid while Zarin’s men, pinned, were busy collecting the train mules.

Zarin looks the valley and think, in the topic moment he asked the new Rule to assist him and It did. Perhaps the new Rule are the Trust One, and he his the predestined to conquer all Punjabi, nor Mulehead neither Umra, he must act carefully and let they think he is trustful, than nothing will be impossible, starting from conquering all the Swat and replacing the old naif Mad, It is time for a new Khan to drive the Jihad against all ferenghees…
Now he will send the message of victory with rescued mules and sketches of it to Mulehead assuring him about his devoted fidelity and giving high praise to TMWWBK Rule for the victory.
And a similar letter will be sent to Umra Khan giving glory to TS&TF...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 07:22:35 PM by giorgio »

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2021, 02:13:50 PM »
Zarin is suddenly interrupted in his dreams by the cries of his Waziris celebrating that complete idiot of Nadir and his irregulars. Well perhaps that stupid Khan will be useful again and not only in the battlefield. Now it is time to get the submission by these Khans, only Rashid demonstred real value, perhaps an incident could eliminate any future problems.
A punjabi lesson teaches: the snake head must be crushed when young...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 03:54:22 PM by giorgio »

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2021, 01:06:10 PM »
It is night ... the battle of the Jandol Pass is now a thing of the past ... Zarin Khan is sitting by the fire with the grim and truculent Wazirs cheering for victory nearby, he needs peace , he moves up the mount, as it climbs it looks at the bright moon in the cold starry night. He stands  on a rock and with his eyes fixed on the Moon ...
monologue by Zarin Khan former subedar of the 40th Pathans
 "I have seen things that you Ferenghi could not imagine, screaming Waziris leaping from Spin Baldak's tower, Kabuli cavalry charging Green Turbans outside the walls of Dhaka, and I have seen Afghanis in pinstriped angarka come out of the sanghars in Khandahar. throwing away the book of the Heretic, and I saw Punjabis Lovers die for a distant Queen and today I won a battle where Ferenghi were slaughtered by Wazirs with their faces like mules ....and was used  the rules of Sin, the false book, the Creed of the heretics ..... this has been my life. ..and all those moments will be lost forever like tears in the rain ... It's time to burn the False Book by throwing it into the cauldron where time gurgles.
But now  when all seemed lost I invoked the Supreme help , even Nadir the idiot obtained a row of 6 and 5. Where is the True? What is my destiny?
...and there is the honor of the Regiment the most important thing, which goes beyond tribal kins and blood ties...it' s time to return to  the 40th to clean up my Honor ? "

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2021, 01:31:33 PM »
14th July 1890
from Rawalpindi Lt. Gen. Bindon Blood to Maj. General Mc Guinness in Nowshera.

"cause rumors coming from the area of Malakand , my dear friend , you may find complications, organize 2 brigades by appointing two Colonels of your staff with the rank of brigadier generals for the need. Good luck "
BBlood

Offline CPT Shanks

• Scientist
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2021, 07:10:33 AM »
Despatches from Abbottabad:
Two officers and five sepoys of the 5th Gurkha from the Oghi Fort Garrison have been killed by tribes in the Black Mountains. Assemble a field force and conduct a punitive operation against the Hassanzais and Akazais within the Agror Valley and along the Indus Valley from Durban to That. Our best information indicate that Hashim Ali Khan supported by his "unstable" brother Sikander Khan are responsible for the cross border agitation and the deaths.
BG Channer establish the Hazara Field Force reestablish the control of the Agror Valley and submit the local tribes to the fines imposed.

"welcome to the world of cascading failure"