Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:02:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: "Never trust anyone on the Frontier" an ...epic NWF Campaign  (Read 96030 times)

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
Hereafter I'm posting the campaign I'm having with Piero "Umra Khan" about my Waziri revolt. I'm attaching the previous messages/letters/pictures up to date!

April 1890. The quiet life on the North West Frontier was broken by the malicious Wazir Mulehead el Komiss Khan.
This bandit has sent a letter to His Excellency The Viceroy The Marquis of Lansdowne Governor General of India manifesting all the bad intentions he has to overcome the powerful Umra Khan , Khan of the Khans , Ruler of Bajaur and Khyber pass, Lord of the Afridis
The letter was attached as a recent photo of Mulehead Khan.
" I Mulehead el Komiss,
Khan of Shawal, Lord of Wana and Maizar, ruler of Largha and Barga Sherani, future king of all Afghanistan, declare Umra Khan  rejected from Punjab and must be banished  from all the land south of Peshawar and I release your Pashtun  from their oath of loyalty to him to accept them, repentant, under my holy flags before marching and burning  Tirah Fortress. I'm waiting anxiously the arrival of new ordered lancers and then I shall unleash hell in Afghanistan!!!😡👳‍♂️"
The Governor of India will take certainly a resolute action against this rebel Khan.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 10:18:06 AM by giorgio »

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
Re: Never trust anyone in the Frontier
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 08:04:29 AM »
Kolkata May the 23rd 1890
From the Residency of His Excellency The Viceroy of India The Marquis of Lansdowne
From the Governor General of India to Brig.Gen. Bindon Blood in Rawalpindi.
Dispatch N 123456
 "With reference of the disturbance caused in Waziristan and other regions of the North West Frontier I instruct Brig. Gen. Bindon Blood to send a military force to Waziristan to quell the revolt attempts of the local khan Mulehead el Komiss Khan and restore the Raj rule over the region .
Signed by His Excellency The Governor General of India
The Viceroy The Marquis of  Lansdowne
Now story is up to  the Military.

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 08:07:54 AM »
Mogala May 1890
Letter from Umra Khan to Brig.Gen. Bindon Blood
Hosoor General Blood Great Commander of the British Raj may Allah protect you,
I have received in my poor  Palace messengers from the Wazir Mulehead el Komiss Khan with the prayer  to follow him in a Jihad.
This is the letter I gave them for their Khan:
" Mulehead el komiss Khan my dear friend, what you have done with your hands you must now carry on your own backs.
I have nothing to do with you.
You are the best judge of your affairs.
Now that you have got into trouble you want me to help you.
You have allowed the time when matters might have ameliorated to slip by.
Now I cannot say or do anything.
I have sent back from my poor Palace in Mogala the Maliks you had deputed to me.
I gave them each a lungi and 5 Rupees for their road expenses.
Umra Khan "
So now Hosoor ( General Blood ) you know my attitude on this matter .
Is time Hosoor that you loose the dogs and start the game, punishing the malicious Wazir for his behaviour.
I issued order to my own people not to join the Wazirs gatherings and directed that no refugee within his dominion should be accorded to armed bodies of tribesmen fleeting before the advance of your troops.
I pray Allah to have you again at  my Palace , may you not be tired.
Umra Khan

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 08:12:42 AM »
May 1890 in a fortified tower in Waziristan
I Wazir Mulehead El Komiss Khan, Union of Light and Faith, only and true King of Islam, order to you my faithful servants Growly Khan and ELQuartah Khan to strictly follow my orders. Feringhies are entering into the trap and now we are ready to snap the spring with the vily Umra, actually on our side. My great powerness Mulehead el Komiss order that immediately after destroying the feringhi's columns one by one, you collect all the mules and baggage camels and bring them under my tower, the unexpugnable one, and then you'll recover under my holy flags and we will march together to Kyber Pass to defeat the thugs under Umra Khan. Nobody will kill him, that will be my privilege before burning his fort in front of his astonished eyes...but today let him trust on us against our common enemies.
Sir I respectfully send to you the summary of the conversations that the bandit Mulehead had with 2 Khans of his and a couple of sketches of his fortified tower and that were  reported by a well payed spy hidden in the roof of his tower. Humble servant   Tanas Singh, Subedar 2 Sikh company of Guides PFF.

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 08:18:30 AM »
Rawalpindi 29th May 1890
From Lt. General Bindon Blood to Gen. Simmons in Dera Ismail Khan and to Gen. Davenport in Kohat.
The British Government has determined to despatch a force under my command to march through the country of the Waziris, capture the Mulehead Khan and bring his tribe to a Jirgha to submit the terms of the British Sirkar.
The force was officially styled the Waziristan Field Force ( WFF), it will be composed of two mixed brigades.
The first brigade under command of Gen. Simmons will move from Dera Ismail Khan and reach Wana via Tank and Jandola.
The second brigade under the command of Gen. Davenport will move from Kohat and reach Bannu, stationing there as a movable column ready to intercept Mulehead Khan and his followers in the case he will like to move north looking to join  Umra Khan.
The composition of the WFF is given below:
2nd Brigade Gen.Simmons
1st battalion East Kent Regiment
2nd battalion Gordon H. Regiment
2nd battalion 1st Sikh PFF
1st  battalion 6th Punjabi PFF
1st battalion 5th Gurkha Regiment
N.2 Derajat mtn.battery 1st and 2nd secrion
N.3 coy Bombay sappers & miners
N.5 British field hospital
N. 34 Native field hospital

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 08:20:42 AM »
Kohat  31th May 1890
From  General Davenport to Col. Fullerton in Hangu.
The order is  to march to Bannu, then we size the position and eventually will proceed to Idak to get full control of Tochi Valley. You will proceed at maximum speed towards Thal and from there thru Spirwam in order to join my column in Bannu where I'm going directly from Kohat. You will bring to Bannu all the force  under  your command and specifically a mobile  column consisting of 2 companies of Guides (Punjabi and Sikh), 1 squadroon of Guide and in support 1 squadroon of 10th Bengal lancers.
The order is than to patrol the area to  prevent any possible escape of Mulehead versus North.
We will decide there if stop in Bannu or march directly towards Wana and get the head of Mulehead before the first brigade leave his forts out of Waziristan. Due the need of confidentiality and speed, no mercy will be provided to civilians which do not cooperate or create troubles.
In case  you see opportunities don't lose the possibility to burn rebels' towers and submit villages to prevent their aid to rebels.
Attached the map with planned movements of 2nd Brigade and some sketches of Fullerton's Guides flying column and Captain Attenborough's Lancers squadroon.
To Bannu !!!

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 09:02:18 AM »
In the meantime in Bajaur Umra Khan has arranged a pig hunt for his friends, Capt. Mainwaring the Political Officer and Lt. Manners-Smith of the 5th Gurkhas ...the first pig is for Manners-Smith

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 05:02:55 PM »
Great work Giorgio...👏👏
but never trust a waziri and don't forget the arithmetic on the Frontier 😁

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 05:27:59 PM »
1st arithmetic problem:
how to empty a tower with 10 Waziris inside and be left with 4 Afridis and the  mule of Mulehead Khan...
Umra Khan has the solution.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 05:33:22 PM by Umra Khan »

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
Re: Never trust anyone on the Frontier
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2021, 09:23:32 AM »
Gen.Simmons and his staff on reconnaissance on the road to Jandola

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
Re: Never trust anyone on the Frontier
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2021, 09:37:47 AM »

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
Re: "Never trust anyone on the Frontier" an ...epic NWF Campaign
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2021, 02:22:45 AM »
Trust me, I find myself on pins and needles, awaiting what's to come.  Everything looks impressive, but I am especially struck by the over-the-horizon view of Waziristan!
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2021, 02:12:21 PM »
Mad Guru, thanks for your photos, they completely change my mind about Old Glory artillery set.
they are good and your paint is beautiful.

Mad Guru try, for your personal well-being, to avoid the friendship with such Wazir, he isn't so bad but
he has strange beliefs about the course of life, is convinced to defeat Feringhi  and the powerful Umra.
I tried to teach him something but it turned out to be just a waste of time.
the malicious poor wazir is not sailed like us who have fought for so many years.
he has no mule, neither warriors , he's just a poor man.
He'll end up hiding inside his tower as soon as he hears the first shot of rifle ; and I kindly, after kicking him in the back ,bring the Wazir ,Oh Great Mad Guru , to you as my personal gift.
your always friendly Umra Khan

bhang ka puda lakdi naheen ho sakta kyunke wazir adami naheen ho sakta
a cannabis plant cannot be wood as a Wazir  cannot be a man .
Afridi's sentence

PS hoping there is not a real Wazir here, is just a joke  lol lol

« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 05:44:19 PM by Umra Khan »

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2021, 02:20:48 PM »
Unfortunately the desert voices are reporting that Umra has collected other figures and scenery and it will be thougher than planned but, with the Mightful help, the pet of Kafiri will be in chains and all his masters defeated.
Most honourable Mad, please be so generous to consider the possibility to attend my incoronation cerimony which will be held in the fort, Umra's past owner, just after his jump in the horrid ravine he is collecting... Unfortunately before I have to handle with some stupid Feringhi who believe they can overcome the Almighty will.
I prostrate myself at your feet and I rely on your wise suggestions to eradicate Umra's contagious pestilence...
In my new flag is written in Urdu "Death to Feringhi"...
But to increase my youths morale I should complete the bases ...

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2021, 07:13:28 PM »
This is a plea that the Malicious Wazir sent to me Umra Khan for fear of being severeley beaten.

" Oh Powerful among the Powerful Oh Noble among the Nobles, the poets will sing the generosity of the Great Umra, Khan of all Afridis ".

The messenger was sent back to the Malicious Wazir
with 3 rupees for travel expenses and with the promises to put him as khan of the Waziris when the Malicious will be destituite ,....and without a tower and followers forced to wander between mountains and gullys....until the Malicious Wazir will reaches Kafiristan where he will end up blinded by  the glare of snow and ice.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 07:15:30 PM by Umra Khan »