Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:11:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What Rules Do You Use?  (Read 4330 times)

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
Re: What Rules Do You Use?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 11:49:45 PM »
I begin to read the rules of Skankgames and I like its easiness, but I do not find zombie's profile and/or scenery for zombie/post apocalyptic games - Zombie and other creature's stats are things I make up.

Zombies are slower in every way than humans so I make their move 8 inches. I make them Rabble class in everything else. I recently added a rule where is a miniature in surrounded by more than 1 zombie there is a chance the zombies will rend them limb from limb. I just count the number of zombies surrounding the miniature/character and roll a d10. If the roll is equal to or less than the number of surrounding zombies - the victim is instantly killed... torn to shreds. The surrounding zombies do not move the next turn... they are enjoying their hard earned meal.

Don't be afraid to modify the rules, after you've played a few games & learned the rules. I've made acid bleeding aliens, hunting predators, slow & fast zombies, Cthulhu-like monsters, vampires, werewolves, even King Kong in these rules.

A lot of the scenery answers can be found in the "Rules Concerning Buildings and Urban Warfare" & "Special and Optional Rules" chapters.

I bend the rules too... for special characters. Examples: Wolverine's claws can damage any vehicle regardless of it's armor/rating. Same with Thundarr's Sun Sword. Wolverine is immune to the zombie virus... but not to being torn apart by the zombies.

I've been hounding poor Marcus Reynolds into making a creature listing for the Skank game... I think he's just about convinced to do it too.

As for examples of the game it's self... go here -
http://www.recon-in-force.com/Skank/index.html
All the links on the page lead to game/battle reports of games that used the Skank Rules. They're fun reads too.

I started using the Skank rules for their ease of play and the speed of their games. I've got an 8 year old gamer & an attention deficit gamer... they love the rules. And all my adult friends have truly enjoyed the games I've ran using these rules. Just because they are simple and fast does not mean they lack in a tactical sense in any way, shape, or form. Smart tactics will win a Skank game faster than good die rolling.

They are a great set of rules.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Offline DAWGIE

• Bookworm
Re: What Rules Do You Use?
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 02:07:43 PM »

I too have recently discovered SKANK and like the rules a lot; i now have them placed in the NUMBER FOUR SLOT OF THE RULES I USE A LOT;

1. SCI FI - 5150

2. ZOMBIE WARS -ATZ

3. POST APOCALYPTIC -CR3.0

4. POST APOCALYPTIC RUNNER UP -SKANK

DAWGIE
BFG-5000: DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!