Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:26:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686448
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fallout Wasteland Warfare guidance needed  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
Fallout Wasteland Warfare guidance needed
« on: June 20, 2021, 07:55:21 AM »
Hello.

Youngest son has bought his dad the Fallout Wasteland Warfare starter box for Father's Day :)

I already have a handful of the resin figures my eldest has bought me over the past year or so and, although these are much better quality than the plastics in the box, I think I'll be able to paint up the plastics OK.

My problem is that I thought it would be nice to use the resins in conjunction with the base set for solo but they don't come with AI Cards.

Following the links on the figures pages on Modiphius' website leads me to 2 separate sets; the Raiders Wave and Institute Wave packs which have the AI cards I require.

Combined these come to just short of £50; do I really need to spend this much just to include 5 miniatures in my solo game or is there another option?

Thanks in advance.

Mark.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 08:03:45 AM by Spinal Tap »

Offline KD47

• Librarian
  • What is best in life?
Re: Fallout Wasteland Warfare guidance needed
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 06:19:35 PM »
Just buy and use the miniatures and other terrain.   Find an easier rule set or just write your own basic rules.   

Easy to say but difficult to do.   But it's worth it.  I ran a house-rules zombie game that was a huge hit.   The focus was on the minis and terrain, and the rules ended up being 2 pages long.   Yours might be a bit longer because you have to accommodate some "fallout universe" stuff in them like perks, when the mysterious stranger shows up, etc.

Most wargames have 4 sections, each of which will have to contain rules governing the various tasks and defining what it takes to achieve certain effects.    These main sections are:    INITIATIVE - who goes first     MOVEMENT - how far, where, movement penalties etc    FIRE - Shooting and various other ranged action things     MELEE -  Hand to hand combat and other up close and personal actions.    Then it starts over, and round and round she goes.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 12:58:02 AM by KD47 »
For former content of mine, search my former user ID kalebdaark:

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=4831

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 06:28:49 PM »
For now, play through a couple of games using what you have. If you love it, drop the additional money. If not, find a more family-friendly ruleset by swinging a dead cat.

Seriously, the rules for WW are crunchy in the extreme. I've heard some people get used to it and that somewhere down the road it all becomes second nature, but my experience told me that I neither appreciated the oversized miniatures nor the complex rules when all I wanted to do was sit down and play a game.

Offline KD47

• Librarian
  • What is best in life?
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 02:04:15 PM »
Well I guess the time has come for me to do a quick re-write of my basic modern wargame rules.   These were mostly the same ones that I used in my Zombietown Massacre game.   They're quick, bloody, and not particularly detailed but they're lots of fun.   I printed 'em double sided and laminated 'em and handed out several copies to players at my game so they could refer to it as needed.   

Use 'em if you can't find something that floats your boat better.  Feel free to modify them as needed. 

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 02:08:43 PM by KD47 »

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 09:43:17 PM »
Still on the painting phase at the moment and will give the FWW rules a chance when done.

Have saved your rules just in case thanks.

Offline KD47

• Librarian
  • What is best in life?
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 02:09:46 PM »
Added brief notes in the rules about simultaneous vs non-simultaneous fire.  If you have downloaded them, please do so again.   If you haven't, the new attachment in my post is the most current version.

Thanks, and Enjoy!

Offline Bobrobert

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 04:58:51 AM »
If you go to the Modiphius web site for the Fallout Wastland Warfare game their is an extensive download section including copies of all the cards.  I used this service to fill out my cards for minatures I had already bought but didn't have the cards for yet. 

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 11:49:45 AM »
If you go to the Modiphius web site for the Fallout Wastland Warfare game their is an extensive download section including copies of all the cards.  I used this service to fill out my cards for minatures I had already bought but didn't have the cards for yet.

Thank you for the response, I've seen the downloads and got the character cards from there.

Unfortunately it's AI cards for solo play I'm after and these are not available for download.