Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:02:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Suggestions for narrative campaign rules, game agnostic or generic to adapt  (Read 3964 times)

Offline Dubbya

• Librarian
Warrior Heroes Adventures in Talomir by Two Hour Wargames is a 111 pages rulebook for solo Fantasy skirmish which gives you all the tools to build your own story. Its world is Talomir but it can be easily ignored and use any other universe.

Hi, I own this - skirmish so not really what I'm after. I bought Warrior Heroes to be King as well, but like the six or so other of their games, I just cannot get into them! I feel Warbands and Armies and Hordes could be brilliant with a total re-write with clear examples.

Love your blog, too.

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
Thanks! I actually wrote a lengthy reply but lost it accidentally refreshing - I hate trying to quote and reply on the phone!

One page rules, I've followed and played since they were simply called "one page 40k" and then when the fantasy version started and was in playtest with one list for everyone! It's "close enough" to WHFB to scratch the itch. The full version of the rulebook was worth buying.

I might have a look at the too fat lardies suggestion, thank you.

Out of interest to anyone who replied, this is an example of what I was hoping for, a setting and set of linked scenarios not tied to a set of rules. Not quite as in-depth a "world" as I hoped, and of course skirmish, but worth sending a couple of dollars to. He had a fantasy and an ice world one on the way.

I was just coming back here to recommend that exact book. I suppose you could look at some of the recent age of sigmar books - malign portents was quite good in creating a relatively enclosed setting and provided a good set of scenarios for various game scales that could be adapted and bashed to suit.of course it is very Warhammer focused.

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
Hi, I own this - skirmish so not really what I'm after. I bought Warrior Heroes to be King as well, but like the six or so other of their games, I just cannot get into them! I feel Warbands and Armies and Hordes could be brilliant with a total re-write with clear examples.

Love your blog, too.

THW rules are truly best learnt by playing with someone who already know their system, but once they click you realise they are really easy to play. Good luck with your search!

Offline Dubbya

• Librarian

I was just coming back here to recommend that exact book. I suppose you could look at some of the recent age of sigmar books - malign portents was quite good in creating a relatively enclosed setting and provided a good set of scenarios for various game scales that could be adapted and bashed to suit.of course it is very Warhammer focused.

Haha, I think Malign Portents was the only one I've missed! Might have to check it out. I've actually enjoyed the sigmar campaign books, but yes very specific to the armies featured.

Offline Dubbya

• Librarian
THW rules are truly best learnt by playing with someone who already know their system, but once they click you realise they are really easy to play. Good luck with your search!

I'm sure in a month's time I'll get the idea to try them again. I must admit I keep trying to go through the whole book, I should just play some mindless battles first.