Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:19:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690496
  • Total Topics: 118334
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: SNLF  (Read 2149 times)

Offline DFlynSqrl

• Mastermind
SNLF
« on: September 13, 2009, 04:47:01 PM »
First batch of troops for my SNLF forces.  Background terrain is still WIP.  Mini's are all Britannia.

"Banzai" kept popping into my mind while I was painting these.

"My Island!"....

Tried faking some Japanese on the prayer flag.

The war is almost over for the soldier with the lunge mine.   ;) (not sure why it doesn't have 3 prongs)

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: SNLF
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 09:28:39 PM »
They look lovely - well done!

How many Japanese SNLF are you planning to paint?

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline DFlynSqrl

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 10:10:11 PM »
Thanks Helen.

I'm still trying to decide on which rules system to use right now.  I generally build my armies to match the rules system.  I'm definitely interested in hearing recommendations if you have any for Pacific War gaming.

Rod

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 12:11:51 AM »
Thanks Helen.

I'm still trying to decide on which rules system to use right now.  I generally build my armies to match the rules system.  I'm definitely interested in hearing recommendations if you have any for Pacific War gaming.

Rod

Hi Rod,

I can say with some relief that after searching for the grail of rules I personally believe that I Ain't Be Shot Mum Rules are the best. I'm awaiting for the third edition as they have made some minor amendments to the system which is for the better. There is also a supplement that covers the Pacific. Please see below for details. The rules are suprisingly inexpensive and for that matter the supplement. Everything you wanted to know or include is there. I do recommend this rule set.

Whilst the above set of rules are designed for company actions, Michael an I are using them for sections size formations.

Join their forum and you have an audience you will assist in any questiosn you may have.

Initially, when reading the rules you maybe disorientated, but I do say that a few games first with small forces is the way to go an introduce new sections as you go.

I've always put my Japanese forces at a disadvantage with equipment and manpower, not only to reflect the period, but to work the rules.

http://toofatlardies.co.uk/index.php?main_page=products_new

In the Shadow of the Rising Sun:

http://toofatlardies.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=34

Rod, I'm always looking for more colour and shade variations for my Japanese. Can I please ask what paints and colours you use.

Helen

Offline DFlynSqrl

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 12:42:05 AM »
Thanks Helen, I've heard of those rules before just never tried them out.  Company sized actions is exactly what I was looking for.

The colors I used were actually a mixture of Vallejo Game Color paints.

Uniform:
Base coat - 50/50 mix Cayman Green & Khaki.
Highlight - usually about 2/1 mix of Khaki to Cayman Green.

I went with your recommendation in my uniform thread and used the Russian Green for the helmets.

For the holsters, ammo pouches and stuff I used Vallejo Model Color Chocolat Brown.

Hope that helps.
Rod

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 01:19:29 AM »
Thanks Rod, I'll look at Cayman green for painting additional Japanese.

Helen

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 12:07:53 PM »
very nice d