Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:07:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Margana, the Fourth year draws to a close, the Second Battle of Mudwater  (Read 2022 times)

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
    • The Miniature World of Wilgut Spleens
https://wilgut.blogspot.com/2021/06/marganathe-second-battle-of-mudwater.html

The King of Harno seeks revenge for his dead nephew, meanhwile teh Orc warlord is searching desperately for his lost son.Has the young fool allowed himself to get captureed again?

They meet, with their armies, at Mudwater

I have a bad case of prescient nostalgia. The future's not what it used to be.

https://wilgut.blogspot.com/

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
Great photo material!

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist

Offline andyskinner

• Bookworm
I love the anagrams, but I think you are using some made up words and some anagrams, and I spend too much time trying to decide which are which.

I love the Schlurpee.  Is left/right a valid division?

andy

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Only just spotted this one. Loving it as usual mate! You continue to inspire.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
Only just spotted this one. Loving it as usual mate! You continue to inspire.
Thanks Rick, if you haven't tried Fantastic Battles I can heartily reccomend it. The system just lends itself so readily to the creative mind, you can pretty well create what ever army you can imagine and its one rule book which is very reasonably priced.
I love the anagrams, but I think you are using some made up words and some anagrams, and I spend too much time trying to decide which are which.

I love the Schlurpee.  Is left/right a valid division?

andy

yes I am using one original name which was Skaythe , which I put in by accident and fogrot about! And yes I am making up names for made up creatures! (Fogrot is a typo but actually pretty well sums up the state of the post Covid mind!)

Margana is not Arda after all.  I wanted to use my Middle Earth armies but the concept of the campaign does not fit well into that topography, the campaign is designed to work with a map where the four kingdoms are in the corners of an oblong map which is why I created the idea of Margana, kinda Tolkien but not. There simply aren't enough named evil characters in Lord of the Rings to provide anagram material for all the captains in Margana. However there is one Orc left yet which I have not used so he may appear in the next episode

As for the Schlurpee it hadn't occurred to me that she might be divided vertically and your comment brought an immediate and disturbing image to mind. I was thinking top half carp and lower half Betty Boop but divided vertically she's catfish and Pink!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 06:01:52 AM by Wilgut Spleens »

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
As for the Schlurpee it hadn't occurred to me that she might be divided vertically and your comment brought an immediate and disturbing image to mind. I was thinking top half carp and lower half Betty Boop but divided vertically she's catfish and Pink!

To throw a spanner in the half and half division works - what about front and back vertical division?  ;D ;) o_o
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
To throw a spanner in the half and half division works - what about front and back vertical division?  ;D ;) o_o

I think I once went out with this one

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Great write up.

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
Great write up.

Hey thanks Fred! Did you notice the addition of the aggression rolls?

Offline andyskinner

• Bookworm
I am sure I'd enjoy games more if I had a bit more setting.  I also want Tolkien-inspired but not refighting Middle Earth.  My favorite inspiration is the bit in Smith of Wooten Major where some elves return from battle with dark things on the edge of Faerie.  No detail at all, but says what I want to capture.

Thanks for sharing your world.

andy

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
thanks Andy, I am glad you are enjoying it. I find once I get an idea everything else  follows from it. The narrative starts to buld and after a while it kind of writes itselff You should certainly explore the dark things on the edge of Faerie.Thats the great thing about Tolkien, the unexpalined stuff is open to individual interpetation.

Offline Mister Frau Blucher

• Scientist
    • Swords Under Distant Suns
I'm not quite caught up to this point yet, but just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying it.

I've done a campaign like this a few times, kinda based on the Campaign system from the old Knights and Magic rules. Makes me want to get another one going.

Thanks for posting this!

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
thanks for the encouragment! I am just writing up the next battle.