Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:32:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Zombietown - Under Construction - NEW PICS & LOADS OF 'EM  (Read 22943 times)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: Zombietown - Under Construction
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 07:47:34 PM »
Lovely work :-* I have a shed load (well garage) of plasticville buildings still to paint ::)

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 07:51:46 PM »
fantastic work again !! man I have to see the board in realety !
why you are not living in Hamburg  :'(

BTW I will copy the colors of the supermarket  lol

Grimm
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline Onimusha

• Librarian
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 03:46:24 PM »
Looks simply stunning  :o, Almost like in a real zombie movie.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 04:28:01 PM »
Come on your painting can't be that bad.... never stopped Matt!  lol

Cheeky git!

;)

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 06:24:38 PM »
Getting the final bits ready for tomorrow... will hopefully have lots of pics soon
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2009, 09:06:47 AM »
can´t wait , :D  pictures !!!

Offline Archibald

• Student
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2009, 09:23:18 AM »
Incredible table !! I've got a question… What are the two cops miniatures on the first picture ? Where can i find them ?

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2009, 09:34:49 AM »
Had a great game yesterday - I'll post a report and some pics later (not many during play though I'm afraid)

Archibald - The two cops are from different ranges.

One is Hasslefree's Ken
http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=849

And the other is from Griffin
http://griffinminiatures.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=28

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2009, 10:02:10 AM »
Had a great game yesterday - I'll post a report and some pics later (not many during play though I'm afraid)

Archibald - The two cops are from different ranges.

One is Hasslefree's Ken
http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=849

And the other is from Griffin
http://griffinminiatures.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=28

Rule 564: Always take loads of in game pictures!  ::)  ;)

Looking forward to seeing these
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2009, 05:06:47 PM »
Righto - back from SELWG (not bad BTW) - the Zombietown game.

We used the Songs of Blades engine with the new Fear and Faith rules. I've played SoBaH before and personally like the system. Overall they played fairly well, with a couple of points requiring clarification but nothing we couldn't sort.

I adapted the basic Zombie scenario supplied in F&F, upping the points numbers: 10 Survivors and 32 Zombies, plus two Heresy Lurkers (mutant wall-crawlers) and a Nemesis (cybernetic Zombie experiment - Hasslefree's Jotun). I also added in 30 or so event cards - randomly found equipment or events. Each player picks a card each turn or the Survivors can search for extras using their Actions.

The Record Sheets and Cards

I had no idea how balanced either the points or cards would be. The cards worked great, adding mini-objectives and random events throughout the game. On reflection, I think I added too many zombies. I wanted to evoke a real desperate sense for the players, but the odds may have been stacked too high - although they did get some very unlucky rolls a few times.

I'll post the scenario outline, rules, cards and character record sheet on the Songs of Blades Yahoo group later this week if anyone wants them (or can send via a PM if you don't want to join the Group):

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/songofblades/files/FEAR%20AND%20FAITH/

I ran all the Zombies and m'colleagues Hayden and Morgan ran the 10 survivors between them.

The ten survivors started in the Burger Bar and have to make it to the Facility Entrance on the opposite side of the 4x4 board. They believe the Facility is a safe haven from the zombie horde.

The Board

The 'Burgerama' was based on Pappa Midnight's plan - Thanks again!

The survivors are: Cobra (the merc), Walter (gun-shop owner), Lacey (the cop); Romero (veteran), Ashlee (chainsaw girl), Bubba (the king!), Kev and Sally (brave survivors), Mr Brewster (the suit); Alice (the kid).

Bubba, Walter, Romero (Cobra and Ashlee)

Kev and Sally (sorry guys!)

They started well, deciding to move bravely down main street in a pack, using Walter's Leader skill. They got very lucky with the event cards, drawing loads on equipment - the gas canister (grenade), molotov cocktail, passcard (providing a second and secret lift entrance to the Facility) amongst others.

Moving on Main Street

One of the cards uncovered

The secret lift entrance to the Facility

I played it safe, moving the Zeds slowly but surely toward them not taking any risks with Activations that may end my turn.

Mr Brewster headed for the nearby Bank - the source of his mini objective, while the others drew more lucky cards allowing them to build a barricade - but also cards to activate both Lurkers.

Building Barricades - with m'boy's Jack's legs in the background!!

On the march

Up on the roof

Wall-Crawling

The Zeds advance and Lurkers sped toward them at speed - putting the willies up them and causing Ashlee to waste her Grenade (something they sorely regretted later). The gunshots, explosions and more cards activated the last of the Zombies and the Nemesis and things began to get a bit desperate. More risks where taken with Activations which ended the Survivors turn several times with unlucky rolls.

Close quarters

Lacey bravely dispatched a Lurker and the other soon followed A few unlucky card draws saw the Survivors herded into the back alleys as they made a desperate break for the gas canister (another grenade) and the Facility secret entrance. Ashlee finally got the gas canister, but not before Lacey fell to a gnawing Zombie. A brave, but botched throw of the gas canister still wiped over eight Zeds.

However, the lumbering Nemesis was now in range and opened up with his Assault Rifle, strafing the Survivors and felling Alice. Panic began to set in as the deaths caused few Fear tests that slowed them down.

The Nemesis unloads

Leader Walter was killed and the players lost the bonuses he gave, and shortly after Ashlee with reduced to a red mist by a Gruesome Death from the Nemesis' Assault Cannon.

As the game drew to a close, one Survivor after the other fell. Romero jumped over the wall to the safety of Facility Entrance, leaving Cobra and Kev to fight it out in the alley as Sally and Mr Brewster panicked and fled the board. Sally escaped, but Mr Brewster slowed by the treasures he had recovered from the Bank, was brought down by a pack of Zeds.

Last Stand

Mr Brewster falls

The End

Overall it was great fun, although with only Romero making it to safety, I think the balance was out. Also only a small part of board was actually used - inevitably really. I think another small squad of soldiers from the other board edge might have helped - but may have slowed things?

Below are a few pics taken this morning of lone suvivor Romero in the just finished Houlihan's bar:

All the pics are here:
http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj278/pez47/Modern/Zombietown/?start=all

« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 09:10:02 PM by uti long smile »

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
Re: Zombietown - Under Construction - NEW PICS & LOADS OF 'EM
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2009, 05:30:24 PM »
Cool  :-*
per aspera ad astra

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2009, 06:15:56 PM »

Absolutely amazing. Amazing. There's no other word for it!

There's so much that's good about this that it's difficult to know where to start. First and foremost is that the scenery and the models look beautiful, of course, but the board in particular looks incredibly unified. The various pieces of terrain, when they're put together, don't look like pieces of terrain - they look like part of a city. The photos of the game in progress really bring this out. Brilliant.

The game itself sounds great too. When it comes to the balance thing - that's a tough one to call. It's a zombie apocalypse, after all. Anything too easy wouldn't feel right. I think the key is probably only to make small changes and see how the game plays next time, and the time after that. From the report, it seemed like the survivors were close to getting more than one model to safety, and it was only at the end when things went wrong - which seems only fitting!

Brilliant, inspirational stuff. I'll be turning to this thread again and again for my own zombie project.
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2009, 06:32:05 PM »
Cheers Hawkeye :)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2009, 06:46:07 PM »
Yup I'll give you that, nice table and nice game.

Well done matey ;)

The Commander

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2009, 06:51:16 PM »
 Great table set up and nice bat rep too.Some amazing scenery.You will have to list the different suppliers that you got the stuff from.