Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:28:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689822
  • Total Topics: 118300
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Zombietown - Under Construction - NEW PICS & LOADS OF 'EM  (Read 22915 times)

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
Re: Zombietown - Under Construction - NEW PICS & LOADS OF 'EM
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2009, 07:33:06 PM »

I'll have to look into the Old Glory buildings, in that case, and hope that they're still available. Looked through the Ainsty site last night, but managed to keep my wallet in my pocket - although only just!

Just looking at it again, the bright yellow interior of the burger bar is terrific! What a great piece of terrain! And the interior furniture is Ainsty as well, isn't it?

Are you still working on more, by the way, or is the board more or less done at this point?
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2009, 08:05:32 PM »
Echoing everybody else: Absolutely bloody stunning old man!  Looks like a real pleasure to play on and I especially like the burger bar - a superb touch and well realised too (well, it all is!).

On another note, I seriously hope the van below has 'I wish my wife was this dirty' scrawled on the other side... ;)

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2009, 08:39:45 PM »
Hawkeye - I can't claim complete credit for the Burger Bar. While it was scratchbuilt, the plans where LAF's own Pappa Midnight's. It's a lovely piece of work. He created the graphics for the walls and floor as you'll see from the link below and kindly emailed them too me. I've access to decent printer, so I  got some quality prints.

http://www.displacedminiatures.com/Pappa%20Midnight/gallery/1412/

The build itself was pretty straightforward - foamcard shell, plasticard coating. The two internal and one external door are from Copplestone and are highly recommended. I only needed to trim off the tab on the bottom. The window frames are simply card and poster and signs just googled or DTPed (I'm a graphic designer).

The shop-front, tables, counter, shelves and arcade machines are all Ainsty. I've bought stuff from them for a looong while, when Mike (god bless him) owned and made everything. They're very reasonable and about the best modern range around. I've lots of the Front Street range and have glued some of these together to make a couple of multi-story buildings - Houlihan's bar pictured and a four-story Hotel, which I'm not really happy with and still needs some more work IMHO.

FF - It does! Honestly!! It's a Vanguard 1/43 scale if I remember rightly which I picked up on ebay.
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2009, 11:18:29 PM »

Thanks for the info and detail on the burger bar - I hadn't realised that there are some Copplestone doors in there - I'll check those out as well. The Ainsty items, after your recommendation and after seeing how good they look in your builds - are on my list as well. Thanks again!

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2009, 04:51:02 AM »
Oh, so PM gave them to you? Not to sound greedy or anything, but would you, Midnight, be willing to release some of those graphics to the general LAfers? We could start a fast food chain with those resources. Though I'd be mostly interested in the main sign and the wall-mounted menu and little else.

Oh and Uti. "Pics or it didn't happen." ;)
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2009, 07:29:01 AM »
Yeh, Midnight! Did you bring enough to share with the rest of the class?!? :D

I seriously hope the van below has 'I wish my wife was this dirty' scrawled on the other side...
 lol lol lol lol lol You guys crack me up. I read this and my unexpected bark of laughter forced out of me woke up the misses... now I'm in trouble. Quilt & dog house time. ;)
I'm still going to steal the idea... love it!!!
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2009, 12:25:03 PM »
Wow, that's just drop dead (and get up again) gorgeous...  ;)

Inspiring work!