Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:55:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686650
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sellswords & Spellslingers - Some Questions...  (Read 780 times)

Offline Emkay1978

• Lurker
Sellswords & Spellslingers - Some Questions...
« on: September 23, 2021, 06:12:45 PM »
Hello,
first time poster here ;-)

Over the last few months Sellswords & Spellslingers has become my favorite rule set for Fantasy and SciFi (Star Wars -> heavily inspired by the Star Wars Conversions of some Forum Members  that were a tremendous help!)

I'm still a bit confused regarding some rules and hope to get help from more seasoned S&S Players

Here my List of Questions:

1) If i fail 2 or 3 Activations, do i draw all cards at once or resolve one after the other (including a Reshuffle if the first card says so?)

2) If a Scenario requires moving off the table -> can i use any table edge or just the starting edge?

3) Shield Rolls –> do i use the modified DL (Horde, Ambush, Range etc) or the unmodified base DL of the Foe?

4) Leader – is the bonus to 1 Die or to all Dice?

5) Is Whirlwind useable if i'm still engaged (no move, just another attack?) ?

6) Does the Quick Reflex vs apply vs Traps ?

7) Goblin Archer -> does the improved DL 7 also apply when i get shot  (DL 7 to Dodge) or only when i shoot the Goblin ?

8. Boss (Orc Chieftain) – During a Horde Frenzy, does the closest Minion or Horde activate twice (1 time because of the Frenzy and a second time because of the special Rule ?

Any help is welcome !

Best Regards
Markus

Offline The Bibliophile

• Scientist
    • Scrum in Miniature
Re: Sellswords & Spellslingers - Some Questions...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 04:59:27 AM »
If you go to the Ganesha Games Facebook page, the designer will answer all of your questions, and usually quite quickly.
Scrum in Miniature (my gaming blog): http://miniaturescrum.blogspot.com
Scrum Con (my miniatures+RPG convention in Wash, DC): https://sites.google.com/view/scrum-con/home
Above the Fray Miniatures (my minis company): https://sites.google.com/view/abovethefrayminiatures/home

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 08:26:02 AM »
I've been plying Sellswords for a few years now, so this is MY understanding of the rules, if asked Andrea may have a different opinion.

1. The rules state "apply the effects of the cards one at a time, in the order they were drawn" so yes, you apply each card, including reshuffles, before drawing the next.

2. Some scenarios state a table edge you should (or should not) leave by, if it is not specified then leave by any edge.

3. A shield roll is at the unmodified DL of the foe.

4. Just one, the rules say "an Activation die".

5. Yes, you can use Whirlwind without having to move first, if you are already in contact then the foe is certainly within 4".

6. Quick reflexes says +2 to dodge rolls, nothing to say that excludes traps, so yes you can.

7. The improved DL only applies when the foe is shot at, not when shooting at you.

8. Yes, the bonus move to the closest minion or horde is a part of the bosses activation, then the minion would get their own activation from the Monster Frenzy.

I hope this helps (and makes sense). These are a great set of rules and my go-to for all kinds of things! Enjoy playing them.

Offline Emkay1978

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 10:02:29 AM »
Thank you sooo much !

Most of your answeres fit my own interpretation as well and this was the way i played it, just wanted to make sure I'm playing it right.

And a special Thanks for your inspiring Battle-Reps and Scenarios ! They are the main reason S&S is my favorite Ruleset !

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 03:17:31 PM »
You are very welcome and thank you for your kind words.  :D