Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:48:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Saitic Egyptians in action on Madaxeman  (Read 946 times)

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
Saitic Egyptians in action on Madaxeman
« on: September 01, 2021, 02:52:53 PM »
The second full set of post-Lockdown match reports hit the South Coast this time in 5 games of Egypto-Greek linear nonsense as a lockdown-repainted set of 15mm mostly Essex (but with some Xyston, and Magister Militum) Hoplites meets some lockdown-rebased (Fighting 15's Gladiator ranes) Egyptians to cobble together a podcast-busting Saitic Egyptian army to take on all comers in a Greek & Roman World themed event.

Marvel as possibly the most one-dimensional army to hit the table in years attempts to outfox, out play but much more often simply outlast its varied opponents as they take on the Graeco-Indians, Seleucids, Late Romans, Ch'in Chinese and Classical Indians in these 5 ADLG match reports.

http://As usual they feature all of the nonsense you have by now grown to expect, including comments on local wildlife, restaurant reviews, beer analysis, very bad puns, randomly generated Egyptian curses, priapic wooden war wagons, a smattering of Greek and Egypto-Arabic swearwords and buckets of pictures with somewhat inappropriate captions and speech bubbles.

The reports are online and available to peruse now!

https://www.madaxeman.com/reports/Bournemouth_2021_1.php
Web: Madaxeman.com
On Twitter: twitter.com
On Facebook:  facebook.com
Devon holiday?: The Captains Cottage Brixham

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
Re: Saitic Egyptians in action on Madaxeman
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 02:25:02 PM »
Well, that worked surprisingly better than I expected. 

Do you think some different approach tactics may have made such a list even more effective?  Perhaps some refused flanks, wheel, echelon, flank only advance, etc? 

In the last two games you seemed to focus on just moving forward, after having success in game 3 with a slightly different approach technique. 

Not sure if I am making any sense. 
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline bigredbat

• Mad Scientist
    • BigRedBatCave
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 06:03:10 PM »
Very entertaining. I took a wall-to-wall raw hoplite army to a TtS! tournament, once, with broadly similar results. Never again!

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 10:08:06 PM »
Well, that worked surprisingly better than I expected. 

Do you think some different approach tactics may have made such a list even more effective?  Perhaps some refused flanks, wheel, echelon, flank only advance, etc? 

In the last two games you seemed to focus on just moving forward, after having success in game 3 with a slightly different approach technique. 

Not sure if I am making any sense.

One of the “advantages” of writing the reports is that it does draw your attention to things like these that you’ve flagged up...so yes, all of the above for game 4, but perhaps not for game 5! That one was where the list design met its match....

Also, one of the reasons I like ADLD (and other DBx rulesets) is that whilst the micro mechanics maybe quite abstract, the big picture strategy stuff is almost always where the games are won and lost.

The first few games saw my opponents really just get caught in the headlights, and underestimate (or overestimate!) my army, and that’s what won me those games. Game 4 my opponent had more discipline - and I had less - hence the different outcome!

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 11:44:28 AM »
Great reports, however needs more food reviews.