Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:19:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690463
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Space 1889 Lizardmen of Venus Update 31/03 Army Update!  (Read 22406 times)

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
Space 1889 Lizardmen of Venus Update 31/03 Army Update!
« on: July 26, 2021, 04:46:44 PM »
Have been playing around with the plastic lizardmen from Wargames Atlantic and creating some more options.

In the picture you can find simple conversions of the primitive muskets turned into pistols and jezzails.

Also converted one of the standard rifle poses into a primitive musket so you can also build them as shouldered.

The more I play around with the kit, the more I love the options and conversion possibilities.

Also been playing around with the odd gasmask and by turning it around (see middle) you can create an interesting alien look.

Especially love the new primitive weapons adding some more interesting option for officers and heavy weapons.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 06:10:16 PM by Belgian »
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: Wargames Atlantic Plastic Lizardmen Project
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 06:34:34 PM »
Genius idea on the weapon conversions. I am definitely going to want to convert some to pistols.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 07:08:03 PM »
I was wondering about that exact same head rotation idea, it certainly does look quite suitably alien in practice.  The weapon conversions look pretty straightforward, which is helpful.   

Had expected to be experimenting with this kit already, but the FLGS took a while to get it in and managed to sell out of their one copy before I could grab it.

Perhaps worth noting that both these lizzies and GW's Tau have three fingers per hand, which might make parts swaps between the two a possibility.  Think their Kroot are the same, and might be an even easier swap.

Offline 3Fingers2

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 08:00:59 PM »
The pistol conversions are brilliant .

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 12:23:53 AM »
Forgive me asking what is probably obvious, but what you are doing is taking the 'middle length" primitive muskets chopping out the middles to make pistols, and then adding those same middle parts to other muskets to make the jezzails, right?

If I got that right, add me to the 'brilliant' train!  ;)

Doug

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 07:49:46 PM »
I was wondering about that exact same head rotation idea, it certainly does look quite suitably alien in practice.  The weapon conversions look pretty straightforward, which is helpful.   

Had expected to be experimenting with this kit already, but the FLGS took a while to get it in and managed to sell out of their one copy before I could grab it.

Perhaps worth noting that both these lizzies and GW's Tau have three fingers per hand, which might make parts swaps between the two a possibility.  Think their Kroot are the same, and might be an even easier swap.

Sounds like a plan, might have some Kroots certainly worth trying although I think they are significantly larger.

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 07:50:11 PM »
The pistol conversions are brilliant .

Thanks also my favorites!

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 07:52:35 PM »
Forgive me asking what is probably obvious, but what you are doing is taking the 'middle length" primitive muskets chopping out the middles to make pistols, and then adding those same middle parts to other muskets to make the jezzails, right?

If I got that right, add me to the 'brilliant' train!  ;)

Doug

Think you just boarded the brilliant train Doug, that's indeed the way it works and quite easy too :)

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2021, 06:23:41 PM »
Sounds like a plan, might have some Kroots certainly worth trying although I think they are significantly larger.

Yeah, they're huge, but gangly.  Fortunately there's no established "right size" for nonhuman stuff like this, and grafting some kroot arms on a lizardman would likely just make it look more alien.

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2021, 06:35:00 PM »
Just posted the review, might be of interest - Today we will take a closer look at the Wargames Atlantic Lizardmen! These 28mm hard-plastic multi-part creatures are the fourth set of their Classic Fantasy miniature range and cover more than the fantasy genre alone. In this boxed set you can also find sufficient parts to create space lizardmen armed with auto-rifles, lizardmen armed with primitive and human muskets making them most suitable for victorian science fiction gaming and also of course swords and spears allowing them to be used for classic fantasy games. Check https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/2021/08/wargames-atlantic-plastic-classic.html

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2021, 11:53:18 PM »

Well, I always thought the Kroot were saved for proper Parrot Men adversaries for the Lizards in the swamps of Venus.  ;)

Still, will watch with interest.

Just posted the review, might be of interest - .... Check https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/2021/08/wargames-atlantic-plastic-classic.html[/i]

Thanks so much!

After checking out the Lizard folk, had a look at the entries; bit disappointed that the Halflings don't have alternate weaponry. Imagined stunties being able to call THEM shorty... ;D

Then had a look at the spiders...  :o With sci-fi guns!

I REALLY must remember to see if we have an distributors carrying Wargames Atlantic!

Doug

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2021, 01:22:46 AM »
Looks like a quick, cheap way to get Venusian askari troops for Space 1889.

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2021, 06:41:14 PM »
Looks like a quick, cheap way to get Venusian askari troops for Space 1889.

That's the plan, have assembled plenty of them in marching pose or skirmishing with human muskets. Also have some Kroots laying around which will be blue parrotmen  ;) along with Skinks and Saurus Warriors to represent even more tribal adversaries.

Offline Greylegion

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2021, 11:39:04 AM »
Nice little project you have going there.

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2021, 12:29:07 PM »
Well done, and inspiring.  :)

I've long been thinking about doing a small campaign starting with some humanoids (could be Lizardmen) with medieval weapons living on some island, then (historical) 18th or 19th C. human sailors and soldiers arriving and trying to conquer the place; then after some games the Lizardmen would begin to copy the muskets themselves...  lol