Forum > VSF Adventures

Space 1889 Lizardmen of Venus Update 31/03 Army Update!

(1/24) > >>

Belgian:
Have been playing around with the plastic lizardmen from Wargames Atlantic and creating some more options.

In the picture you can find simple conversions of the primitive muskets turned into pistols and jezzails.

Also converted one of the standard rifle poses into a primitive musket so you can also build them as shouldered.

The more I play around with the kit, the more I love the options and conversion possibilities.

Also been playing around with the odd gasmask and by turning it around (see middle) you can create an interesting alien look.

Especially love the new primitive weapons adding some more interesting option for officers and heavy weapons.

Grumpy Gnome:
Genius idea on the weapon conversions. I am definitely going to want to convert some to pistols.

Chief Lackey Rich:
I was wondering about that exact same head rotation idea, it certainly does look quite suitably alien in practice.  The weapon conversions look pretty straightforward, which is helpful.   

Had expected to be experimenting with this kit already, but the FLGS took a while to get it in and managed to sell out of their one copy before I could grab it.

Perhaps worth noting that both these lizzies and GW's Tau have three fingers per hand, which might make parts swaps between the two a possibility.  Think their Kroot are the same, and might be an even easier swap.

3Fingers2:
The pistol conversions are brilliant .

The_Beast:
Forgive me asking what is probably obvious, but what you are doing is taking the 'middle length" primitive muskets chopping out the middles to make pistols, and then adding those same middle parts to other muskets to make the jezzails, right?

If I got that right, add me to the 'brilliant' train!  ;)

Doug

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version