Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:07:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Confrontation Continuum - LIVE on www.TempleWest.co  (Read 21172 times)

Offline garra

• Schoolboy
A quick question i hope you can answer.  This has really gotten my excitement up as confrontation is one of my favorite games, that essentially got me into miniature war gaming. I’m going through my old stuff looking to assemble and paint some of it and was wondering what type of bases the new rules will use.  I really prefer rounds, but if it will be a problem then i’ll base accordingly — i really hate rebasing stuff.  Thanks again
G

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
A quick question i hope you can answer.  This has really gotten my excitement up as confrontation is one of my favorite games, that essentially got me into miniature war gaming. I’m going through my old stuff looking to assemble and paint some of it and was wondering what type of bases the new rules will use.  I really prefer rounds, but if it will be a problem then i’ll base accordingly — i really hate rebasing stuff.  Thanks again
G

You'll be very excited to hear that the new rules are base agnostic as there are no longer any facing rules. Standard dwarf or human size figures can be based on 25 -32mm square or round bases.... the new rules require you to first build a commander (you on the battlefield) through either the warrior or magician tract... so if you have a figure that you might want to be your seasoned veteran warlord or all powerful vizier then he could be based on a more decorative 40mm if you wanted him to stand out a bit more from your characters (named models) and troops (generic troop types)... hope this helps you choose!
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline garra

• Schoolboy
Awesome thanks for the answer

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Here's Mr. Gary Chalk himself signing the color giclee prints we will be selling along with the corresponding miniatures at launch. They are Numbered and limited to 150 of each. Really excited to offer these for the Chalk fans.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
The concepts are becoming real... We've been keeping this one a secret for a while... he turned out spectacular... Orc Shaman for the Orcs of Bran-O-Kor...

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Love the pig. Very Confrontation this fig!

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
The Ram Army of Acheron gains some troops... these are the Personal Guard to House Mantis. (Feyd Mantis)...
Concept by myself and Alberto Ballesteros

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
I do like the look of those.

Offline dwbullock

• Scientist
Not sure this has been asked - didn't see it discussed above...

What about new goblins?  I loved the pirate goblins, as well as a few of the others from Confrontation.  Some were just too weird, even for goblin collectors.  I've scoured fleabay and finally accumulated a full set of the pirate gobbers, but would love to see more.

Truthfully, though, more Confrontation is always good, as it still stands as some of the more incredibly interesting miniature ranges I've seen.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Not sure this has been asked - didn't see it discussed above...

What about new goblins?  I loved the pirate goblins, as well as a few of the others from Confrontation.  Some were just too weird, even for goblin collectors.  I've scoured fleabay and finally accumulated a full set of the pirate gobbers, but would love to see more.

Truthfully, though, more Confrontation is always good, as it still stands as some of the more incredibly interesting miniature ranges I've seen.

I couldn't agree more! We have one Golblin that has just wrapped up the sculpting/casting/painting process that we will be showing soon... he is of the Uraken Clan though, so Samurai in nature. We will get to all of the factions in time. I'm trying not to just spitball everywhere and actually create sets (including a 2 player starter for next year) so that there aren't just a bunch of one-off's that new players/collectors can't do anything with. With 19 factions it'll take a bit to get to all of them, but we WILL get there!

Offline dwbullock

• Scientist
Excellent news!   Well, I am patient.  Feels like a decade of stalking eBay to find a full set of the pirates.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Getting pretty close to the initial releases. Just got in all of the signed prints from Gary.

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
Getting pretty close to the initial releases. Just got in all of the signed prints from Gary.

I wonder how many millions of times the poor guy has had to sign his name at this point?  That's another 300 just from the one image alone.  :)

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
I wonder how many millions of times the poor guy has had to sign his name at this point?  That's another 300 just from the one image alone.  :)

I'm with you. It's a lot! I originally asked him to do 50 each and he's the one that said that it's not enough... he wanted to do 200 each! I talked him down to 150. He's really driven by this project.