Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:38:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Review Wargames Atlantic: Plastic Napoleonic Prussian Reserve Infantry  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
Today we will take an extensive look at the brand new Wargames Atlantic Prussian Reserve (1813-1815)! These new 28mm multi-part hard-plastic miniatures are the second set of their new Napoleon's Wars range. The Napoleon's War range covers all sorts of Napoleonic era themed miniatures such as the already released iconic British Riflemen. The trumpets sound and boots and hooves thunder over the fields of battle as Napoleon's wars raged across Europe and around the world. Our ever-expanding range will bring both iconic units and less well known ones to your tabletop. Check the full review and scale comparison here

https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/2021/08/wargames-atlantic-plastic-napoleonic.html
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Re: Review Wargames Atlantic: Plastic Napoleonic Prussian Reserve Infantry
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 02:36:48 PM »
Thanks for sharing! I actually like the idea WA got there with their set. After all, with most plastics sets you'll want to add metal command figures from the third or so battalion on anyway. The figures look alright to me as well. I'd like to see them do more sets like this one in the same fashion.

I think that this is where plastics work really well: Bulking up with basic numbers and generic pieces which can be used in all sorts of collections.

Offline forrester

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 07:42:04 PM »
You cant argue with 60 figures in a box even if you need the command figures in addition.
It would be be good to see other "cannon fodder" sets like this.

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 04:34:18 PM »
Thanks and glad you found the review useful, I also really like this concept of affordable bulk soldiers.

Think their next army builder set is going to be Goth warriors if I'm not mistaken.

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Bluewillow- Matthew Williamson
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 04:41:55 PM »
I like them and purchased two boxes of them, adding Perry plastic Prussian command and the 1st regiments uniform, 1st battalion should be off the painting production line this coming weekend.

cheers
Matt

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 04:47:35 PM »
I like them and purchased two boxes of them, adding Perry plastic Prussian command and the 1st regiments uniform, 1st battalion should be off the painting production line this coming weekend.

cheers
Matt

Sounds like a plan, have been looking at the plastic command sprues too but have loads of metal foundry command miniatures I once bought as a bulk lot. So will most likely use those with some added bases to add height.