Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:09:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Lurkers...  (Read 10005 times)

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
New Lurkers...
« on: September 15, 2009, 03:20:16 PM »
Thought it might be a good idea to start a list of all the Lurkers people would like to see in the future of Strange Aeons. Got some great baddies coming up in the near future...Roctober will see a great new Lurker... ;)and March will see the release of 'Shocking Tales Of Madness And Mayhem' the first expansion...at least 6 new Lurkers in that as well...

So, let me know what you guys are wanting...

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
Re: New Lurkers...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 05:48:59 PM »
dark young style evil trees please UncleMike,

regards

jim

Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 01:54:06 AM »
More cultists. Especially with some of the other available weapon options. Perhaps even, the Hound?

Cheers!
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 01:59:36 AM »
Still awaiting my rulebook, so don't know the races currently listed but would like to see the following:

Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath
Mi-Go
Great Race of Yith
Cthonians

Offline Trix2K

• Assistant
  • "Deeper than deep... like TOTALLY deep!"
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 04:37:31 AM »
I haven't read all the Lovecraft books, so I'm not sure of what "typical" monsters/villains.
It would be nice to have some big nasties (ie: Dark Young, Shoggoths, Star Spawn of Cthulhu), but smaller Lurker-fodder should be more common.  These figures make up the chaff or blockers for Lurker groups in most games.
And then there are figures that have nothing to do with Lovecraft literature...but are essential to horror genre (undead, maniac murderers, evil fey, etc.).
Don't forget the worst monster of all; the Human Monster...how about a renegade Threshold agent?  Or an Insane Wizard(with Uber magic abilities)?
"Nothin's there..." means something's hiding.

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 04:51:02 AM »
...how about a renegade Threshold agent?

Ooooh, this I like!  I shall now harass Mike incessantly about the idea  :D

Offline Breten

• Librarian
    • Calgary Gaming Forum
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 05:30:51 PM »
I think we have a renegade agent in the playtest pile already.  I seem to remember Darth using him in a game against me, or vice versa.

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 10:16:36 AM »
a real challenge to make stats for would be a colour out of space,

regards

jim

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 02:10:38 PM »
Ha! Been working on a 'colour' for some time now...nothing solid yet (no pun intended) could be a while still.
The first supplement will in fact have rules for a 'Rogue Threshold Agent' and various other evil humans...
Mi-Go may get a new classification: Alien, just to make things a little easier...will need a few more Aliens before that is ready: Great Race Of Yith, Moonbeasts...
Cthonians are some of my favorite baddies but have been left out for now...may do a 'Pantheon Of Evil Gods' type thing to more 'properly' detail all the various gods(?) and the cults that follow them...haven't touched this project yet as I really like the open-endedness of the game as it stands now.
Thanx all for the ideas and keep 'em coming! I'm going back to work casting up new models!!!

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 02:14:43 PM »
Hi Mike,

can we have a rat familiar and a wizard rat?

regards

jim

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 02:46:59 PM »
I haven't read all the Lovecraft books, so I'm not sure of what "typical" monsters/villains.

The original stories are rarely about swimming in hordes of cosmic monsters. Most of the villains are humans, trying to meddle with forbidden stuff. Mi-go, ghouls and fish hybrids are possibly the most common of "other races", that is, known to reside on US soil in numbers. Other creatures tend to be unique and often they're just unnamable manifestations of evil. For really exotic stuff, you have to visit other worlds or very distant locations on earth. For example, conical Yithians disappeared already a hundred million years ago. They shouldn't walk on Boston streets that frequently.

To be honest, I'd prefer standard missions to be mostly about humans, magic and gothic horrors. Cosmic stuff should be relatively rare to keep it impressive. I'd like to see a good selection of witches, lunatics, occultists, mad scientists and such first, both in rules and lead/resin.

Offline loki

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 03:19:14 PM »
The original stories are rarely about swimming in hordes of cosmic monsters. Most of the villains are humans, trying to meddle with forbidden stuff. Mi-go, ghouls and fish hybrids are possibly the most common of "other races", that is, known to reside on US soil in numbers. Other creatures tend to be unique and often they're just unnamable manifestations of evil. For really exotic stuff, you have to visit other worlds or very distant locations on earth. For example, conical Yithians disappeared already a hundred million years ago. They shouldn't walk on Boston streets that frequently.

To be honest, I'd prefer standard missions to be mostly about humans, magic and gothic horrors. Cosmic stuff should be relatively rare to keep it impressive. I'd like to see a good selection of witches, lunatics, occultists, mad scientists and such first, both in rules and lead/resin.

I think Dolmot has a point here, those "exotic" monsters should only appear in scenarios of 2 or more Map Pieces.

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 07:58:10 PM »
...and the cults that follow them...haven't touched this project yet as I really like the open-endedness of the game as it stands now.

Like as in more variants of cultist garb?

Offline Anpu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Life in the vault is about to change...
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 07:22:27 AM »
I would like to see:
rat things
Fungi from Yuggoth
Dagon
Flying polyps
Scarabs swarms to accompany a mummy
Elder Things

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 03:04:45 PM »
Without giving it all away I'm happy to say that alot of the new lurkers already fit the description of what is wanted by you guys. I will have to come up with a 'Brown Jenkin' type rat-familliar guy...lovley idea! The vast majority will be 'human-ish' but there is always room for more giant/eldritch/evil monsters... :P