Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:43:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690719
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 839
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Old Traveller Miniatures by Grenadier  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
Re: Old Traveller Miniatures by Grenadier
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2021, 06:56:33 PM »
Please sell them to me, instead!  :D ;) I adore the Vargr!

You've seen the 15mm ones from Darkest Star, right?  Some nice figs there.

I believe Mirliton do indeed still have the moulds and were planning a kickstarter to get them back into production, but (IIRC) Mongoose put a stop to it. A crying shame really, I alone would've bought quite a few… (I used to have all four sets, but had to sell them on some years ago. Wishing I hadn't done that now.)

Oh goody, another reason to despise Mongoose.  Just what I needed.   :?

Surprised Mirliton still has them, but maybe I shouldn't be.  They're still making a few other old licensed figs from other games, which no one seems to have objected to.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2021, 12:00:04 AM »
I myself have two of the box set the Marines and the Adventures However if you have seen many of the ship decks , that we floating a round they were all in 15mm. So I have most of RAFM's figure sets and for stand-in for more Marines I have GZG's 15mm Stargrunt UNSC figures. Along with FASA Travaller's 15mm Adventure Class Ships Vol. I deck Plans box set. If I remember right the box is a little mashed but the maps are just fine. Most of which is somewhere packed away waiting for my game to turn from storage to a gaming room again.  lol
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2021, 01:15:01 PM »
Along with FASA Travaller's 15mm Adventure Class Ships Vol. I deck Plans box set. If I remember right the box is a little mashed but the maps are just fine.

Wish I still had my old copy.  Flimsy as the boxes were, that set's a real piece of gaming history, very first release from FASA and years before Battledroids was even a gleam in their eye.  Easily up there with the the first D&D boxed set IMO, and certainly harder to find these days - they didn't print many by comparison.

Offline chickenbane

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2021, 12:56:29 PM »
Some really cool models there with great paintjobs. Pity they're no longer available. :-[
Paraquat Welcomes Careful Drivers a sort of narrative blog.

Slag Valley Bullett in the grim darkness of the far future, there is a newspaper.

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2021, 05:07:17 PM »
First time I've seen the aliens painted in all these years, excellent!

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2021, 01:06:09 AM »
Bravo on your paint job.  Superb depictions of these fine old Grenadier Traveller figures.  I have the same ones (but only my Virushi is painted) along with about 2 1/2 boxes of the Imperial Marines (ten of which are painted in a green-brown, vice the iconic maroon.  Per canon, maroon is a "dress uniform," (like US Marines dress blues at embassies) and the Marine battledress has "chameleon" ability to change color to match surrounding terrain.  Regarding the Virushi, again per canon they are a race of pacifists, and therefore Grenadier sculpted the figure with a calculator/communicator rather than a weapon.  Also, the Grenadier Virushi figure must be an adolescent !  Virushi are noted as being among the largest intelligent species encountered by humans, with a body length of 3 meters and standing 1.8 meters at the shoulder.  No doubt for cost (and weight) considerations, Grenadier sized-down their representation.  Some Traveller wargamers have noted that the Grenadier Virushi figure works well in scale with 15mm figures.   

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2021, 09:10:44 AM »
Great to see some non-bipdeal sentient aliens. You've done a great job on all of them

Anyone else played Space Quest, Sarien encounter?
Next project with this old collection:

One complete box set and a bunch of singles picked up years ago.  Going to start from scratch, need to strip the old red paint and model railroad flocking off first.