Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:10:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 532
Total: 538

Recent

Author Topic: Secret weapon miniatures closing down.  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
Secret weapon miniatures closing down.
« on: August 21, 2021, 12:27:19 PM »
Posted on facebook by the secret weapon miniatures page - A real shame as their washes are great and they make some lovely resin pieces.

“Sacramento, CA – After an incredible twelve-year run, Secret Weapon has been unable to weather the combined impacts of the pandemic, and Brexit. The month-over-month loss in sales in all categories will force us to cease operations some time in the coming weeks. As we prepare to clean out the warehouse we will be having a “Going out of Business” sale to move our non-resin products.

All new sales of resin products have been disabled, and all remaining products have been listed at steep discounts to move immediately. The sales portal has been taken temporarily offline to give us time to process the remaining customer resin orders. The website will re-launch the week of 23-August and be active while supplies last. A warehouse sale will be announced for larger and remaining items.

We have spent the past several months negotiating a partnership with one of our international trade partners, but that fell apart at the eleventh hour and we have no choice but to shut our doors.

We are working with Eric at Every Little War to continue work on the “HD Bases” Kickstarter campaign, and updates will continue while we transition the project.

What happens next for Secret Weapon will likely be up to the bank at this point, and we will work with them to find good homes for our other assets.

I founded Secret Weapon 12 years ago so that I could leave behind a business development career that had me working 80+ hours every week, had given me acute hypertension, and a stress-induced bleeding ulcer. I had written the business and marketing plan while I was bored at work, and when I decided to leave that job behind because I wanted to be home with the child we were planning to have, it was my wife’s idea for me to launch Secret Weapon. Later, she would convince me not to take a job that would have been a great fit… and the next month sales increased almost 400%, and I had to hire my first part-time employee. Twelve years later I am humbled by this community. Your support for Secret Weapon, and its employees, is something I had never experienced in more than 25 years of business administration.

It has been, and remains, a pleasure sharing in your creative passions.

Thank you again,

Justin McCoy

Founder

Secret Weapon Miniatures, Inc.”

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: Secret weapon miniatures closing down.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 03:45:39 PM »
Always sad when someone has to cease trading.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 03:12:12 PM »
Always sad when someone has to cease trading.

Especially because of insane politically motivated ecenomic suicide

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 03:58:13 PM »

I think you mean "glorious blue passport happy time for cool people with no side effects honest guv'nor what do you meean we're out of trucks and chicken"  lol

It's interesting and sad to see a non UK based company cite brexit as a reason for their closing down. Just goes to show that it's not just cottage industries in the UK itself that are going to feel the impact over the coming years.I know secret weapon made alot of effort to import into the UK via distributors, But I'd be curious to know if the new UK/EU customs issues have impacted their ability to get product onto the continent.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 05:10:46 PM »
I think you mean "glorious blue passport happy time for cool people with no side effects honest guv'nor what do you meean we're out of trucks and chicken"  lol

It's interesting and sad to see a non UK based company cite brexit as a reason for their closing down. Just goes to show that it's not just cottage industries in the UK itself that are going to feel the impact over the coming years.I know secret weapon made alot of effort to import into the UK via distributors, But I'd be curious to know if the new UK/EU customs issues have impacted their ability to get product onto the continent.

Well, they did say "The EU need us more then we need them". I think this is the only example I've seen so far though.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 05:43:21 PM »
Please leave the politics out of it gentlemen.
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 08:54:53 AM »
Please leave the politics out of it gentlemen.

Kind of hard when the buisness closed because of it, but sure.

Offline black hat miniatures

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.blackhat.co.uk/
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 09:25:16 AM »
It is a shame that they are closing down.

I am still importing Brushes from Germany without any problems so I can't think it is a problem their retailers have with imports as importing from the USA hasn't changed.
Mike Lewis

Black Hat Miniatures
www.blackhat.co.uk

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2021, 02:16:58 PM »

This.
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/