Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:44:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686439
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Review: Fallout Wasteland Warfare Unaligned T-45 Power Armor miniatures  (Read 952 times)

Offline Brandubh

• Bookworm
So, today I’m looking at Fallout Wasteland Warfare: Unaligned Power Armor.

$42USD?  Really? For three miniatures? Come on guys, blow in my ear, pull my hair a little first.

First up: The T45 with Super-Sledgehammer.
The Positive: I have to admit the lack of any mold lines is very nice.

The Medium: Details are nice, but seem “soft” due to the soft plastic used. The head has about a 30-degree arc that you can determine its orientation, so it is adjustable. Sorta. There’s no mold lines but the model is “fuzzy” with wisps of material.  Really weird that I get a better removal outcome by just breaking the pieces off the sprue than trying to cut off with flat cutters.

The Negative: The hammer is “floppy” and even after trying hot water and straightening it, it still wants to go to a bent shape. Again, the “resin” is more like first edition Reaper Bones than a hard resin. The feet of the mini have pegs for the base, but no corresponding holes on the base to make contact better (drill and pin is your friend here)

Second up: The T45 with Plasma Rifle.
The Positive and the Medium:  Wash, rinse, repeat.

The Negative: Still no holes in the base despite the pegs on the feet.  Pin time again.  The oversized Pauldrons for some reason have very obvious connecting spots that are difficult to cut out neatly and make them look decent. These really should have been cast separately. 

Lastly: T-45 with Minigun
The Positive and the Medium:  Wash, rinse, repeat. Again.

Sigh. Do I even need to repeat myself? Same as above only add in a hand connection that is flat and not socketed at all.  I went back and looked at the Super-Sledge mini… Yep, shoulder area is Meh also.

End Comments:  These are actually really good looking minis  (if you don't mind the "soft" issue) that really do look like the computer game armor.

That said: $18-$21USD would be okay.  $42?  Yeah, no, the only dirty words whispered, were by me.

Offline Kelly_

• Bookworm
  • ...the underscore is silent
Re: Review: Fallout Wasteland Warfare Unaligned T-45 Power Armor miniatures
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 01:16:06 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on these; I could not tell from their shots how poseable the models would be out of the box, your pictures really helped!
If my wife asks, I only spent half as much as I wanted to...

Offline Brandubh

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 02:07:26 AM »
Glad I could help. If only one person benefits from a review, I'll count it as time well spent.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 04:26:54 PM »
Hey, at least you are only out a few bucks. I pledged quite a bit for the original Kickstarter, and now I'd be happy to sell it to a good home. It is just taking up space as I'll never bother with it.