Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:40:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: How do you One-Seventy-Two?  (Read 1954 times)

Offline sultanbev

• Bookworm
Re: How do you One-Seventy-Two?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2021, 07:27:14 AM »
Strelets do some 1812 US militia:
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=2394

For those that are not aware, the Plastic Soldier Review site is one of the best covering 1/72 plastic figures, and is highly recommended.

In metal Kennington do 20mm Americans:
https://shqltd.com/product-category/kennington/20mm-napoleonic/american-20mm-napoleonic/american-infantry-1814/

A lot of US militia cavalry wore Tarletons, so British light cavalry of the earlier era would suffice for them if they don't have the docked tails and ears.

Offline Fire-at-Will

• Assistant
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2021, 07:17:08 PM »
In loads of periods and scales, being a megalomaniac it allows you to build large armies and as the number of periods increase then so have my armies.  Currently at 32,000 painted figures.  AS they are almost all plastic they are easy to transport, especially as I progress into my reflective period of life and heavy lifting is not recommended.  I started with Airfix and then Springwood hard plastic, then tried incorporating Hinton Hunt, but I realised the 100 the Russian cavalry I had bought was way heavier than the rest of the army so I  mainly stayed with plastic ever since.

Online Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2021, 07:27:26 PM »
I've started Zulu War stuff in 1/72, mainly driven by the lovely models available for both British infantry and Zulus, but with the huge array of stuff available from HaT now (cavalry, artillery, Gatling guns, mounted infantry, European paramilitary units, Natal Native Contingent, wagons galore) it's a killer.

Napoleonics are a must, and Airfix's 'La Haye Sainte' set is utterly to blame. I'm even planning an article about building an accurate Highlander regiment purely using Airfix models, but with conversions to add things like the water bottles and satchels.

WW2 Desert War goodies, with Western Desert Force using 8th Army and plastic vehicles of course.

And last, but possibly least, there's a big wedge of Early Imperial Romans and Britons, ready for one of those projects that I know will never happen - Boudicca.

'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter