Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:38:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mallo's Inquisimunda/Necromunda '95/Inq28 Project Log  (Read 3077 times)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: Mallo's Inquisimunda/Necromunda '95/Inq28 Project Log
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2021, 07:14:31 PM »
He’s turned out great  :)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2021, 07:28:26 PM »
Nice rescue on that old Goliath. 

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2021, 02:17:39 PM »
That's a really good paint job on the old plastic Goliath - it really brings the figure to life.
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 37  Figures Painted: 6
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline Mallo

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2022, 12:50:45 PM »
Not been able to do much for the last few months as my eye is still bad and I'm still waiting on the hospital to clear backlog from the last two years. But I've started getting some small bits done here and there, as long as I'm careful I can get away with a few minutes putting models together every couple of days without making anything worse.

Finally got my hands on some of the plastic tiles a while back, so finally getting to mess about with the plastic scenery that I've been hoarding. Started work on my Space vermin (Skaven) warlocks secret liar, an arcane library tile. Its great to finally get into all the terrain I've been buying up and hoarding over the last couple of years! 

I've been hand making hundreds of miniature books!

I've ordered some green LED string lights, which I'm hoping will give the tile the proper spooky warpstone glow, so just waiting on them before I start gluing these down and starting work on the 2nd layer of walkways.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2022, 08:02:05 PM »
Wow, that's some lovely work there, I look forward to seeing it finished.

Offline Burgundavia

• Mad Scientist
    • Coreyburger.ca
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2022, 08:06:28 PM »
Those are lovely books, but not sure what their doing in the GW universe. I thought reading was heretical. Kidding aside, gorgeous work

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2022, 10:30:29 PM »
Cracking stuff,and looking forward to the space skaven :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Mallo

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2022, 07:30:15 PM »
Wow, that's some lovely work there, I look forward to seeing it finished.
Thank you! Well, that's quite the pressure on me to get it finished now!  lol I'm a big fan of your own inq28 thread, I hope I can do something half as good with this as your own terrain!

Those are lovely books, but not sure what their doing in the GW universe. I thought reading was heretical. Kidding aside, gorgeous work
Thanks! haha Those books are just the complete 40k errata for edition 13,333!  lol
Cracking stuff,and looking forward to the space skaven :)

Thanks! I thought I'd posted some of my older Space Skaven stuff but turns out I have not! I'll have to dig about for the older photos and update this thread with the older stuff too! But I have a load more new space skaven models incoming, working on using a lot of the newer kits for them!

============================================================================================

I'd gotten some more work done on my tile, but something was off with it. I had the walls set back a bit further but the tiles are not really made to support this and there were huge gaps between the walls and the columns. I liked that it created a cool looking alcove but it was just too awkward to fit these kits.

I could have filled the gaps with pipes or other junk, but I didn't like the look and wanted to keep the library tile looking less scrapy and ramshackle as I have plenty of other tiles that will go for that style of the underhive.

But the re-jiggle still looks ok and I think by moving the weapons column to a wall section I can still bring in that alcove look. Thinking of adding some wall panels to the edge of the tile so the stairs are blocked in a bit more, making it more of a 'secret' location that the open floor plan it has right now.

Started adding lighting as well now, but cutting the holes in the walls is hard work, I might leave it at the handful I have done and just have the rest of the lights under the stairs/celling tiles.

Offline Mallo

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2022, 09:53:14 PM »
Had to take a break from making walls and books (Partially due to needing to rest my eye and also a little bit so I didn't go mad!)

Catching up with the backlog of Sump City radio episodes and had a bit of a play around with some parts to make a 'proof of concept' Squat bartender. I'm sort of 50/50 on him, can't quite tell what he's missing. He's armed with a rat basher and a mega pint.

I might try a change of heads, I have plenty to choose from and might find a more casual head works better than the fantasy helmeted one (I choose this one as I like the face) Not sure if he needs his backpack or not, as there is the odd bar on his back but it does change his profile.