Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:58:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689767
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Baron's War - Handling of defence and casualties  (Read 847 times)

Offline Wellington

• Scientist
Baron's War - Handling of defence and casualties
« on: October 29, 2021, 10:21:15 AM »
Hi!

I like the rules, but sometimes there is a lack of clarity, or our little group ist to stupid.

We hat a tricky situation. In our game yesterday a group of 6 knights on warhorses attacked a group consisting of Robin Hood, Will Scarlet, Little John, Friar Tuck and two outlaws. With Will, Robin and Little John in base contact with the knights.

The knight achieved 13 hits against the Merry Men. The character had a Defence of 6 and the outlaws 7. Normaly a group of warrior constists of the same type of warrior with the same equipment. We never had (in our 3 games) such an mix. We couldn't realy figure out how to handle the defence and casualties. Should we we pick one of the characters in the front row and roll for defence untill he dies, and the pick the next one? Or should we assign hits on every men in the group?

Can any body help?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 10:26:48 AM by Wellington »
A life without Samurai is possible, but not desirable!

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
Re: Baron's War - Handling of defence and casualties
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 07:14:21 PM »
Imo, as none of the knights are in basecontact with the outlaws you use the defence of the characters. Which is imo logical as they block the knights in reaching the outlaws of the same group. It's still easy because of Robin and two merry men have the same defence value. If one of the outlaws was also in contact with the knights than the attackers should have divided their attacks between the models with a different defence value.

The player who is using the merry men did imo the best option with position his most durable models in the front blocking the knights in reaching the weaker part of the group.

Offline Wellington

• Scientist
Re: Baron's War - Handling of defence and casualties
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 07:30:34 PM »
Thats the answer I got in the FB group

George:
"The easiest way to resolve this is to roll each defence dice individually. As they are all in combat start with the outlaws (so rolling 7s). Keep rolling until they are all removed, then move onto the next warrior type, keep rolling till the model is removed, then the next etc. Hope this helps."

My reply
"But why with the outlaws in the second row? I understood that the first casualties in a combat must be warriors in base contact with the enemy.
If i have to do a roll of, why not start with the characters in base contact with the knights?

George:
"All the models are involved in the fight, you can start with those models on the front rank if you wanted.
If there were models that were not involved in the combat then you would not roll for those. In this case they are all in the combat so are all eligible. I would start with the outlaws to try and keep my characters alive. The narrative reasoning being the subordinates are taking the brunt of the hits."