Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:17:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685048
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: An ACW Rescue Project 15mm  (Read 2475 times)

Offline OB

• Mastermind
An ACW Rescue Project 15mm
« on: September 12, 2021, 09:28:47 PM »
My ACW Rescue Project is nearly done. Horse, Foot and Guns for both sides will be appearing on my blog starting with the Union infantry brigades. It might be useful if you want to see how different manufactures ACW figures fit together.

If it’s of interest here is the link.

https://youdonotknowthenorth.blogspot.com

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: An ACW Rescue Project 15mm
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 10:30:18 PM »
 Nice pictures on your blog. Why is it called a Rescue Project?
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 10:55:49 PM »
Thanks Vodka fan.  It's called a rescue project because I had to rescue it.  There is a previous blog post explaining it. I really should put a link in.

https://youdonotknowthenorth.blogspot.com/search/label/ACW?updated-max=2021-05-16T04:40:00-07:00&max-results=20&start=2&by-date=false

Offline terryreynolds

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 03:08:06 AM »
Different type of vacuum cleaners on the market

We have different types of vacuum cleaners. Each of them has pros and cons. They meet our different cleaning needs. So, it is not easy to know what is the top vacuum cleaners. To understand more the difference among types of vacuums, and choose a good one for your house, follow the link of Top rated vacuum cleaners and our article below.

Upright vacuums

Upright vacuums are chosen by many housewives. They are traditional floor cleaners with suction power. You can buy a bagged or bagless upright vacuum.

What are the pros of an upright vacuum?

They offer outstanding deep cleaning for wall-to-wall carpets in your house. You can turn off its brush roll to clean the bare floors. Or you can adjust the vacuum’s height when you need to clean rugs/carpets with a variety of thicknesses. Now we have upright cordless vacuums, too. Using these models is easier.

What are the cons of an upright vacuum?

Although there are many pros to be considered a good vacuum cleaner, upright vacuums also have limitations. Uprights have fewer attachments than canisters. They are not versatile, too. You need more attached tools to get into tight and small corners.

Canister vacuums

It can say that canister vacuums are more versatile than other vacuums. Canisters get into tight spaces. We have three types of canister vacuum to choose from: straight suction vacuum, vacuum with turbine floor tool, and vacuum with a power brush floor tool.

Canisters’ pros

They can clean anything because they have a motorized brush roll head and other attachments. Dust, debris on the carpets will be cleared. You can use this kind of vacuum to clean furniture, curtains, ceilings corners, and walls with ease. Your stair is cleaner because of the vacuum’s compact body and its long hose.

Canister’s cons

When you use a canister for cleaning tasks, you need to drag it behind you around your house. If you have a large space, this may be a nuisance. And many people feel uncomfortable when they have to use two hands to lug canister up and down for cleaning stair.

Stick vacuums

Stick vacuums use a rotating brush, light suction to clear the dust.

Stick vacuum’s pros

They are easy to move around furniture with their low-profile heads. Some models of this vacuum can be converted to a handheld vacuum just by disconnecting the wand. Cordless models move with more freedom.

Stick vacuum’s cons

Stick vacuum’s cleaning ability is not as good as a full-size one. They are also not deep vacuum cleaners. Your cordless stick vac moves easily but we have a problem with battery life. It could be short to use.

Handheld vacuums

They are small vacuums. These designs are grab-and-go. Their weight is light. You can choose cordless or corded models and models with rotating brushes or not.

Handheld vacuum’s pros

This kind of vacuums can help you to clean small crumbs and dirt everywhere (floors, table, carpets, car interiors, tight and small corners…). Especially, some handheld vacuum models are sold with a car adapter. It is very convenient because it is easy to clean your car interior while you don’t need to buy the best vacuum cleaners in the world for the car.

Handheld vacuum’s cons

They are not full-size vac. They look like a replacement for the dustpan/ brush. So, sometimes you can see that their cleaning performance is not good.

Robotic vacuum

They are cordless machines used for cleaning tasks. They map your space then zip around space to sweep.

Pros

You don’t need much effort to clean a house by robot vacuum. You even can control them by remote when you don’t stay at home. This kind of vacuum gets under your furniture, access the areas that you may overlook.

Cons

Robotic vacuums are not as powerful as full-size vacs. If you have many obstacles in your room, they may not do the best job. So you need to spend time picking up the room before using it.

In your opinion, what are the Best Vacuum Cleaner after reading our above information? Not easy to say. So, the best machine is the one meets your expectation and cleaning tasks, right?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 08:34:42 AM by terryreynolds »

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 09:49:45 AM »
Thanks Vodka fan.  It's called a rescue project because I had to rescue it.  There is a previous blog post explaining it. I really should put a link in.

"What was needed was focus.  Unrelenting focus and resolve."

Ah Yes.  Focus. That thing I sadly lack too.

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 10:01:07 AM »
A beautiful project. Looking forward to the completion of this project. I really like the flags :D

Thanks Terry.

Yeah, the flags are what brings it together.  That and basing I think.

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 10:03:55 AM »
Ah Yes.  Focus. That thing I sadly lack too.

It bedevil's us, what with all the distractions of new figures and periods.  This time I made a sustained effort.

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2021, 07:37:45 AM »
My ACW Union cavalry and artillery are now up on my blog. 

The cavalry is from Battle Honours.  The artillery are a mix of QRF and Peter Pig. 

If you would like to see more pics here is a link.

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 07:57:33 AM »
My Confederate cavalry brigade is now up on my blog. 

The figures are from Battle Honours, QRF and Peter Pig.  There are 3 regiments in the brigade and a supporting artillery battery. 

If it is of interest here is the link.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 11:07:04 AM »
Liking the limbers a lot!
Good work all round, can't wait to see both armies completed.

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 12:13:25 PM »
Thanks Vodka Fan.

Yeah, I like them a lot too.

The Confederate infantry brigades are all done now.  I need to do the horse holders for both sides and then its job done.  Or nearly anyhow, I want to do the Iron Brigade and a Coloured Brigade for the Union.  Maybe some more limbers for the foot artillery as well.

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2021, 09:01:02 AM »
My ACW 15mm project is done, at least for the moment. The Confederate infantry are now up on my blog. Ten regiments in all.

The figures are mainly QRF, with some Peter Pig and a few more Minifigs.

If you would like to see more pics here is a link.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2021, 09:41:32 AM »
A good job. 30 x 30mm basing on the infantry?

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2021, 09:51:36 AM »
Thanks, yeah, 30x30 is my standard for most projects.