Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:43:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Biggest Gaslands Game Ever  (Read 849 times)

Offline Warren Abox

• Scientist
    • War In A Box - New Location!
The Biggest Gaslands Game Ever
« on: September 23, 2021, 02:08:06 AM »
Forgive the clickbait title.  Thought you might enjoy a few shots of my recent escapades out in what the cool kids call "the real world".  Bought a package of cheap plastic cars at the Big Box store and, well...

Emptied a bit of junk from the bits box, took advantage of a three day weekend, and boom!

A lot of boom!  Scaled the templates from the book up to triple scale and mounted them on cardboard for ease of use 'in the field'.  The drums came with the cars and trucks, and I still have a Big Rig waiting for full conversion if I can ever find a bag of little green army men.

And had some fun while the youngest chased kids, made merry on the go-round, and did some turns on the swings.

Here's a shot of the final sprint, with the park bench for scale.

Want to know more?
I've got a full video report up with more shots and more thoughts.

That thumbnail is an action shot the wife took of me 'at work'.  She played the gracious hostess as people swung 'round to check out what the heck that guy was doing with the weird things over there.  Overall, a lot of fun, and highly recommended if you need to go out and get a little extra vitamin D.

Offline James Mahdeep Bond V

• Bookworm
Re: The Biggest Gaslands Game Ever
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 11:31:17 PM »
Kinda grooving on the pink like combined structure the    trucks are wheeling around. I am so reminded of the block of Porta Potties at a recent air show. I made liberal use of a couple over a five hour period. I don't know how you designated that piece of terrain, but if they are Porta Potties, then awesome. You just gave be a great idea to steal.