Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:48:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Stargrave Dam Dirty Apes Crew  (Read 3505 times)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Re: Stargrave Dam Dirty Apes Crew
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2021, 12:05:20 PM »
Nice crew.

So who counts as what?
Top row
His captain is the one in the middle on the top row, a rogue(gangster)
1ST Mate is a biomorph the guy in the Tutu
Sniper - is obvious
Hacker and a Grenadier
The bottom row
Has a trooper, a commando and runner and a recruit and a case-cracker with the crowbar

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2021, 03:32:05 PM »
  :) sweet crew!!!

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2021, 10:15:44 AM »
Looks good.

If you wanted to expand, Reaper's got a few cyborg apes (well, one's an orang) that are very suitable.

Thanks Rich. My understanding of the game is you are only allowed a 10 man Simian crew?....although saying that, I would like to change my captain figure. I’m not sure the gangster figure fits with Stargrave. ???

Superb! Love your yellows!

Cheers Karl. The yellow on the ship is just a cheap B&Q tester pot. (Other DIY stores are available  ;))

Love 'em  8)
Remember some of those from Blam 18?
Still got my winner's badge  :D

Ta much! Has it been that long already?!? I’m sure you still wear your badge with pride! lol lol lol

Clever concept,  cool execution.

Thanks, but it’s actually a lazy concept.....I already had 5 dudes painted for my 2000AD project. It meant I only had 5 guys left to paint! ::)

Nice crew.

So who counts as what?

Thanks. Left to Right. Blue armour-Commando, Green-Grenadier, Tartan shirt/crowbar-Casecracker, Blue-Trooper, Gorilla with a tutu-First Mate, 2 Red guys-Recruits(red ones die first!), Gangster-Captain, Orange-Runner(I will use him as a hacker later), Short Round Orangutan-Sniper.

A lot of people are monkeying around with those Stargrave heads.  lol

Ooooph! ::)  I nearly called the crew....’I don’t give a monkeys...!’

I love the fire plumes.  How did you make them?

Ta. Just ripped up sponge, hot glue-gunned back together in a rough pattern so as not to show the flat edges(packing or sofa foam was best), then watery PVA coated to harden it. There’s a thread on the Build Something Contest showing it in various stages....

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=130667.0

Great job as always Andy - the apes are excellent, and the ship fits in perfectly

8)

As long as you don’t look at the out of scale cockpit or radar dish! ;) Thanks buddy!

Thanks very much gents!

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2021, 10:48:46 AM »
I never found time( and subsequently forgot   ::) )to check in on your build something entry .
I do like the idea of it not being a one trick pony and not suffering from scaling issues in the process. Also it's nice to know you can plonk figures on it when storage becomes an issue lol.

I've got to get my head around starting to sculpt some sci fi figures soon (As in the Beginning of November.)
If you fancy it knock up a quick sketch of what you'd like in a Captin . I push it into shape. I might as well make the test pieces useful to someone. Otherwise I end up misplacing them and the disappear from my addled bonce and workshop.
Mark.

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2021, 01:24:42 PM »
Thanks Rich. My understanding of the game is you are only allowed a 10 man Simian crew?....although saying that, I would like to change my captain figure. I’m not sure the gangster figure fits with Stargrave. ???

Ten's the figure cap at the moment, but you might want/need to swap figs in an out as you play games.  Crewmembers die, or you earn enough money to upgrade to better troops, or you find nifty loot that you might to model in the fig, etc.  If nothing else, power armor (either for officers or as combat trooper soldiers) is really popular (and good) when you've got the money for it.  Maybe you could find some of the old AT-43 Karmans for that, although they are kind of huge.

Offline TheGamingArtisan

• Assistant
  • Erebor Toy Maker
    • BGG
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2021, 07:28:23 PM »
Best crew I've seen!  :o lol Love it!

Offline Hummster

• Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2022, 10:06:19 PM »
Nice crew, if you want more SF styled age reinforcements the Ganesha Games minis sold by Alternative Armies have plenty of those.

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2022, 10:27:02 PM »
Easily defeated with a bunch of bananas  lol

Monkey business aside - nice crew...