Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:17:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What's next for Oathmark?  (Read 5710 times)

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
What's next for Oathmark?
« on: October 04, 2021, 11:28:32 AM »
I remember reading here on LAF a little while back that there were chariots, cavalry, and some warmachines planned for the game, but we've only seen models for goblin and human cavalry since.

Are there any previous of the other upcoming models floating about anywhere? Any indication when we might see/know more, or be able to buy some?

What's next after that for Oathmark do you think? More races, or units, or...? Will there ever be a siege supplement perhaps?

All news/thoughts/inside knowledge welcome! :)

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: What's next for Oathmark?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 12:20:24 PM »
North Star is continuing to release models. They showed previews of light dwarf infantry on Facebook yesterday, should be out soon. There's a ton of models from the core book still unreleased.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 12:43:44 PM »
...Is the expectation that each unit will (more or less) receive a plastic kit then?  ???

I must admit, I assumed that each race would receive a light/medium and heavy infantry kit each, with options to make each more/less armoured, as well as to have a variety of weapons.

I also know there's lots of monsters and such from the core book still to release, but I doubt they'll be in plastic.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 01:11:00 PM »
I have no inside knowledge, but I do remember seeing Northstar Nick mention plastic ogres. My expectation is similar to yours; three infantry kits plus cavalry in plastic per race. Maybe more, I guess humans could be looking at light, medium, heavy infantry, light and heavy cavalry plus ogres for six kits in total.

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 02:16:45 PM »
As I know, there are no other books planned (hopefully only at the moment), but a lot of plastic kits are coming. Next will be the dwarf light infantry (for sure), and then orcs (I assume the normal infantry), goblin slaves (light infantry) and elf cavalry (in unknown order). All this is based on an interview with Nick Eyrie. And yes, there was a hint about plastic ogre kit somewhere from him too. All my other speculations are based on the illustrations from the book: human light infantry and elf heavy infantry.
I wrote a post about earlier this year: https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/2021/01/25-future-of-oathmark.html
And as I know, unfortunately there were no other hints (except the ogres) since then... Altough Im missing almost all the social media stuff. I only know the twitter of Northstar ( https://twitter.com/northstarfigs ), and that they are active here on LAF (for example: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=131457.msg1669133#msg1669133 )

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 02:46:53 PM »
Wargames Atlantic showed off some pretty awesome LOTR style armoured ogres - so that could help out.

I don't play Oathmark, but I'm patiently waiting to see what their orcs end up looking like.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2021, 03:49:52 PM »
I wouldn't expect plastic chariots... They will not sell near as many of those as they do their infantry kit bash sprues and it costs the same to model and cut the steel molds for them. Much more do-able if they cast them in the Sio-cast material. Those molds are only $35 and last for upwards of 500 cycles. I'm not sure if they are doing Sio-cast yet though.
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2021, 04:07:37 PM »
As everyone else already mentioned, there's definitely stuff planned in the short-term.

You could probably make an educated guess about which races will get which kits in plastic, based on how a lot of box art replicates artwork found in the rulebook(s). By that logic, I'm really hoping Goblin Slaves look like their art - they'll make for amazing kitbashing fodder for evil humans/haemonculi type creatures with head swaps.

I seem to remember there was at least one chariot image somewhere (artwork, not mini) which is probably indicative of design intent, but I'd imagine that's still very much in the planning stage. No insider knowledge, just a guess.
" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

-Thrall Flavor Text, Myth: The Fallen Lords

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 05:42:53 PM »
Interesting stuff. :-)

@ gibby64:

I'm surprised to hear you don't think plastic chariots will ever come to pass? Clever positioning on the mould plate could let you do up to three chariots in snap-apart frames, and the horse/wolf frames are already separate.

Given the falling costs of making plastic moulds (they're not what they used to in GW early days for example), I dont think three different chariots is so unreasonable.

Similarly warmachines. In fact, two chariots and a peice of artillery on a sprue is not unreasonable either...

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2021, 02:21:31 AM »
I wouldn't expect plastic chariots... They will not sell near as many of those as they do their infantry kit bash sprues and it costs the same to model and cut the steel molds for them. Much more do-able if they cast them in the Sio-cast material. Those molds are only $35 and last for upwards of 500 cycles. I'm not sure if they are doing Sio-cast yet though.

I could see a chariot sprue, one that would mix with the infantry/cavalry sprues to make them work.

I've seen a few people using the Victrix chariot mixed with various ones for humans and goblins in play (And Scruffy Crow recently had a video about doing one for humans on his youtube channel). The single elf player found some GW bits for an elf chariot.

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2021, 09:59:01 AM »
I built chariots from scratch. They are not that detailed as professional kits, but I think, they will do it on the table (painting in progress): https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/2021/04/40-chariots-for-oathmark.html
Its a lot of time and work, so its not for everbody, but its still an option.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2021, 10:19:57 AM »
I saw Scruffy Crow's conversion of the Victrix chariot fro his Human army on YouTube a few days ago - I thought it was well-done, and the kit looks pretty nice actually.

Are there any suitable plastic catapult kits that could similarly be co-opted? I've had a look around the historical kits, but I've not seen anything in plastic.

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2021, 11:01:42 AM »
I saw Scruffy Crow's conversion of the Victrix chariot fro his Human army on YouTube a few days ago - I thought it was well-done, and the kit looks pretty nice actually.

Are there any suitable plastic catapult kits that could similarly be co-opted? I've had a look around the historical kits, but I've not seen anything in plastic.

Nothing with the Oathmark 'vibe' in plastic. But you might check out Iron Gate Scenery's catapult (looks 100x better in the flesh than on the website - and their trebuchet is stunning)

https://irongatescenery.co.uk/product-category/scenery/fantasy/siege-weapons-28mm-fantasy-terrain/

Offline pauld

• Scientist
  • Being disintegrated makes me very angry!
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2021, 12:22:02 PM »
I built chariots from scratch.  https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/2021/04/40-chariots-for-oathmark.html

Those are awesome  :o  :o

The dwarf ones kind of remind me of the Frazetta Polar Bear chariot image
No dear, they are not toys, they are models

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2021, 12:46:11 PM »
Those are awesome  :o  :o
Thanks!
The dwarf ones kind of remind me of the Frazetta Polar Bear chariot image
Have the picture on the wall  :). But it wasnt the inspiration. I just tought, that the Oathmark dwarves look a lot like vikings, and if vikings, then longboats, even on land :).