Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:23:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Queen's Life Guard of Foot ECW  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
Queen's Life Guard of Foot ECW
« on: October 08, 2021, 08:12:41 PM »
Have searched the forum and the net with not much info. Does anybody have any information of the uniform worn by he Queen's Life Guard of Foot in the ECW, besides that they wore red?

Thanks,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." - Richard Adams

Offline Friends of General Haig

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog:
Re: Queen's Life Guard of Foot ECW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 08:33:27 PM »
Hi Terry, from my experience, even that vague “they may have had red coats” is detailed info  :D

Here is a link to the BCW site entry for Queen’s Lifeguard http://wiki.bcw-project.org/royalist/foot-regiments/queens-lifeguard-of-foot

This site is a great source for bringing together the little that is known. 👍

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 10:32:31 PM »
Thanks for the link Friends of GH. I had found that and guess hat is the most available. being French and a typical Queens color being white I will include that in some fashion so as to differentiate them from the King's Life Guard.

Terry

Offline Radar

• Librarian
    • KeepYourPowderDry
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 07:59:04 PM »
Hi Terry, as FoGH points out, just the "may have worn red", coupled with a possible flag is quite a lot of information.

A possible colour is shown on BCW. Your thought about a white field (background): if you don't fancy the red field illustrated by Turmille, then perhaps the Queen's lifeguard of horse with their possible blue field might provide inspiration that is more to your liking?

(I fully understand your desire to make them look different, which is one of the reasons I've picked my choice of regiments)
www.keepyourpowderdry.co.uk gaming the British Civil Wars in 15mm, and home of the ECW travelogue - dreadful painting, mediocre prose

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 05:29:42 PM »
Thanks Radar. I went with red coats and breeches, white hats and sashes, and green ribbons at he calf and hat band. I chose those colors for the reason above, a French Queen, so white seems appropriate, and green ribbons because in later years many countries equated green with Queen's regiments. They really look pretty good too, and quite different from my King's Regiment in red coat, breeches and a darker red hat, with blue ribbons.

Terry

Offline Radar

• Librarian
    • KeepYourPowderDry
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2021, 06:42:42 PM »
Sounds good. Pics?

I'll try not to say it loudly, but green ribbons in C17th England  is strongly associated with the Levellers

The best bit about painting figures for the Wars of the 3 Kingdoms is you can pretty much do whatever you want (only one or two sacred cows)

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2021, 05:08:23 AM »
Thanks Radar,

I'll post them when finished. I play DBA-HX 2.1 so my units are small being 4 figures per regiment. Space needed, small number of figures needed and my speed at painting make them the ideal rules.

Terry

Offline Radar

• Librarian
    • KeepYourPowderDry
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 04:15:57 PM »
Sounds like a winning deal!