Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:04:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686454
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Kaleb's Lair My SAGA AOM Army Kaleb Daark and his Horde new figs and a lot!!!!!!  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Kaleb Daark

• Student
  • Facts don't cease to exist because they're ignored
Hello Gentlemen

I'm Julien aka Kaleb Daark everywhere else ( on any forum if you find a Kaleb Daark there's a 99% chance it's me).
I'm 42 years old right now and I've been collecting figures since the age of 8 so....

Following this sh***y year of 2020 I made a big sort of my collections and figures and I also discovered SAGA the Age Of Magic ( if you don't know this game check it out, SAGA is a really simple and fluid game, yet very stategic and fun enough, and the Compedium Age of Magic allows you to get out your old figures and turn them into armies)
So I sorted, sorted and sorted again my many boxes and I found my complete collection of Oldhammer Chaos Warriors ( yes it's GW go and throw your tomatoes!)

So it's been since the second edition of WHFB that I could no longer align a force of Malal, the fifth God, the Renegade God, the Only God of Chaos, the God of Chaos who chases Chaos

I'm not inventing anything, this God really existed in the Pantheon of GW, he appeared inthe Third Citadel Compedium in 1985
for those of you that don't know him:
https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Malice
https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Malal
or just type Malal or Kaleb Daark in your browser, you will certainly find the comics ( by Wagner and Grant no less!), 3 stories

Now let's get back to the figures

I was in my winter break at work and I began on January the 18th 2020 and I had t'ill april to create a 12/14 pts army ( I know we don't necessarily need that much but I have a good collection ;D)

The Lord

I've got a lot of Choices
Pure Oldhammer

More recent, on foot

( figure by Mierce miniatures)

Or finally, and that will be my choice Oldhammer, converted and Mounted

The Monster

Greater daemon of Malal

Figure de Knightmare Miniatures

Créatures

[url

Leser daemons of Malal

Figures from Knightmare Miniatures

Objective markers

Gifts from de Dragonforge studio ( where I buy all my bases), the monolith on the left can also be used as "Sacred Terrain"....

One unit of warriors with two handed weapons
All real GW from late 80's early 90's ( Yes I'm old, I know)
thre will be 4 more

a unit of four guards on foot
I made me a little pleasure using only "bionicles"  Khorne Champions just to tease Khornates ( in the Comics book Khorne Champions are the great enemy of Kaleb Daark).

Conerted and mounted sorcerer

and finally

8 warriors on foot, 4 others to come.

Voili Voilà
More pictures to come in the following days

Comments, suggestions, Tomato squirts, evrerything you want but express yourself please.

Julien Rubio
Kaleb Daark
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 04:05:08 PM by Kaleb Daark »

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: Kaleb's Lair My SAGA AOM Army Kaleb Daark and his Horde
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 08:44:00 AM »
Cool models and painting - great that Saga has allowed you to get these on the table again after so many years!

Old school will be welcome here - indeed this figures are rather newer than the Chaos warriors I remember!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 09:19:45 AM »
great collection. tons of character and lovely paint-jobs.

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 09:54:22 AM »
Nice collection of minis
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Kaleb Daark

• Student
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 12:13:44 PM »
thanks guys, but trust me you ain't see nothing yet! lol

JuJu
Kaleb Daark

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 12:40:51 PM »
It depresses the hell out of me that you apparently have to explain that Malal isn't fan-fic these days.  What's GW going to pull next, insisting there are no Gods of Law?  Pretending their pygmy range never existed?  Claiming the Squats were all eaten by Tyranids or something equally absurd?

They keep going down this route we'll see something unfathomably stupid done to the setting.  Imagine what 40K would be like if some Gary Stu character came along and made an whole new type of extra-awesome supersized space marines, then woke Gulliman up from his stasis nap and healed him of his mortal wounds so they can all go crusading together.  Now that's fan-fic.

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 07:55:16 AM »
It depresses the hell out of me that you apparently have to explain that Malal isn't fan-fic these days.  What's GW going to pull next, insisting there are no Gods of Law?  Pretending their pygmy range never existed?  Claiming the Squats were all eaten by Tyranids or something equally absurd?

They keep going down this route we'll see something unfathomably stupid done to the setting.  Imagine what 40K would be like if some Gary Stu character came along and made an whole new type of extra-awesome supersized space marines, then woke Gulliman up from his stasis nap and healed him of his mortal wounds so they can all go crusading together.  Now that's fan-fic.

Please keep these types of GW posts in the GW thread.  I'm sure the OP doesn't want this thread to go off on that particular tangent.

Offline Kaleb Daark

• Student
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 02:50:01 PM »
Hello Gentlemen
don't understand whay happened in the last two replies.... ???

I edited the image of the 2handed weapon figures. you can see it now

the four last 2handed weapons warriors:

Now they're 12.

4 mounted Guards

the last 4 warriors that makes 12

And for those of you that like rare figures

My static Warmachine THE Chaos Dwarf siege cannon otherly known as the Ass cannon, one of the rarest piece of my collectio ( yes it's an original not a damn recast)
The demon was also painted in Khornate painting scheme just to taunt Khorne people  lol

That's it for today
As usual comments, suggestions, Tomato squirts, evrerything you want but express yourself please.

JuJu
Kaleb Daark

Offline Da Bid Dabid

• Assistant
Re: Kaleb's Lair My SAGA AOM Army Kaleb Daark and his Horde new figures!
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 10:28:11 PM »
As a fellow Malal builder/collector. Great job!

I started just a few years ago so have all new models, its really cool to see the old ones how they fit the esthetic!

You run them as Horde in Saga?

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 12:36:27 AM »
Nice work :-* Got a few of those chaps myself  :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 03:22:44 AM »
Very cool. Love the big Malal demon, I must check out knightmare miniatures again.

Offline Kaleb Daark

• Student
Hello Gentlemen,

I forgot to mention two things in the beginning:
- I don't want twice the same figure in my army; 1 warrior=1 figure. Absolutely NO doubles.
- All the bases are from dragonforge designs: http://www.dragonforge.com/

First:
@ Da Bid Dabid: Thanks mate, yes I run them as Horde in Saga AOM but I'm also working on an Otherworld army (we'll see about that later). If you are interested in my Malal/Kaleb Daark collection check this page:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/browse/browseid/12640951
There's a lot of stuff and maybe I'm gonna post My large Inquisimunda project later in another topic
About your work can you provide a link? I'm interested :D .

@ Blackwolf: Thanks mate, I'm also looking for the chaos warrior with hammer (second on the upper left on my first post to make a diorama for a friend for christmas) so if anybody is interested in trade or selling (at a reasonnable price)....

@beefcake: Thanks mate, you should definitely look at Knightmare games ' stuff they have all the demons, creatures, mounts of Malal plus some nifty figures based on some old artworks ( and the 2handed axe chaos warrior from the old heavy metal logo, bought it, love it) I'm definitely include him in my army but I'm running out of 2handed weapon Chaos warriors, may be old chaos dwarves? What do you think people?

Now figures! ;D

8 mounted warriors

1 Champion. this is my "updated" version of Skrag the Slaughterer, a Malal Character from White Dwarf 79 and 83, without his starmetal axe but with a big ass demon sword (which nobody can tell me it's not 2handed and in any case that's how he's gonna be equippedc >:( )

That makes 11 pts of army fully painted

Since I'm missing some long range power I'll add thse Kislevites mounted archers

I'm missing 2 chariots ( that'll be 14pts) and my Otherworld stuff

As you can see in this image there are 8 old Bob Olley's harpies ( got 16) and what I'm gonna use for trackers

But let's Start at the Beginning

The lord
I'm not sure if I use this one

It's Kaylee Daark 54mm by Hasslefree miniatures, It is out of stock but they were kind enough to send me a complete one (didn't paint the sword though, it's dreadaxe or nothing)
It'll be kinda like an another dimension version

or this one

Another version of Kaleb Daark on foot that everybody did. (Shield sculpted by Winterman from Winter's bioforge)

My conjurer ( not sure about the translation)

Thrudd, I know he has nothing to do with the Kaleb Daark universe but I love this figure and he looks like "What the hell Am I doing here?" so he's perfect! :-*

My sorcerer

The leatherface look won my heart

1 creature with 4 legs (a little bit more but that's how they're reffered in AOM) I miss two more that are on the way

I also have 16 harpies as I said, 5 very old guards on foot with the shield sculpted with the figure ( i'm missing one so please if you have one that can do the trick )

8 trackers, 12 warriors, 3 more 4 legged creatures, that i'll buy when I have some money, a giant and another Greater demon of Malal ( there's 2 different heads  ;D)
As for the Juggernaut ( again not sure about the translation here) I have no real idea yet, I was thinking maybe a Lammasu?

What do you think people? It must be GW that is mandatory.

Voili Voilà
Pretty big update today, next won't be anytime soon because now I've got to paint.... A LOT!

As usual comments, suggestions, Tomato squirts, everything you want but express yourself please!!!

JuJu
Kaleb Daark

« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 04:20:47 PM by Kaleb Daark »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
More lovely minis.
I got in on the first Knightmare Games kickstarter so have a few of them, like the ettin and a bunch of champions. I must paint the champs. The ettin is one of the only things I've painted from it, well worth the price too.
I do like the greater demons they sell.

Offline Kaleb Daark

• Student
Thanks beef

About Knightmare minis again:
They are still, I won't say cheap, but not so costly. And the Cthullu Beastman love the idea! And the HellBringer from an old artwork.... And Diego the boss is really a nice guy!
And I'm only talking about the chaos they also have greenskins and Space raiders that I don't know.

JuJu
Kaleb Daark
I've got no action with them but I love their work!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
fantastic  :-*