Forum > SuperHero Adventures

New mdf Drive-In Theater from TTC

(1/2) > >>

Chief Lackey Rich:
So apparently this thing came out yesterday:

https://ttcombat.com/collections/city-scenics/products/celestial-drive-in-theater

Not quite sure what board this belongs in, Cold War era fits the actual peak popularity of these things, but it feels weirdly Pulp appropriate to me despite that being an earlier period.  Could also fit for Horror gaming and I suppose you could beat it up some and stick it in Post-Apoc.  TTC seems to think they're aimed at Superhero gaming so I'll stick it here.

Regardless, a neat idea for a terrain piece.  Not normally a huge fan of mdf kits but this one's an exception. 

Mammoth miniatures:
Stick a tablet behind that screen frame and you could watch a film whilst gaming  lol

commissarmoody:

--- Quote from: Mammoth miniatures on October 09, 2021, 02:43:08 PM ---Stick a tablet behind that screen frame and you could watch a film whilst gaming  lol

--- End quote ---
Great Idea!
And it can still work for moderns. The Wife and I still go to the local drive in theater here in Vegas at least once a month.

Chief Lackey Rich:

--- Quote from: commissarmoody on October 09, 2021, 03:55:42 PM --- Great Idea!
And it can still work for moderns. The Wife and I still go to the local drive in theater here in Vegas at least once a month.

--- End quote ---

Treasure the experience while you can.  They're pretty thin on the ground these days, think the whole US only had about 400 left before the pandemic.  Last local one for me vanished almost 30 years ago.

Doing a supers game where the villain is letting giant movie monsters leave the screen to go on a rampage or grab carloads of innocent moviegoers and drag them into the film might be a cool use for this thing.

Also rather like the idea of cribbing the Frostgrave engine and doing crews made of teenage delinquents brawling with each other during a screening.  Add some rules for variable lighting as the movie progresses (High Noon is bright, the Old Outlaw Cave scene is pitch black).  Maybe add a urban myth mad slasher type as an uncontrolled menace.  Start most of the gangers in random cars throughout the lot and roll each turn to see whether they get out to join the rumble or keep on necking.  Bonus XPs the longer they stay in the car with their date.  Put a loot token in the concession stand to represent the night's take.  Eventually the cops show up and it's time to 23 skiddoo.

Mammoth miniatures:

--- Quote from: Chief Lackey Rich on October 09, 2021, 07:19:55 PM ---Treasure the experience while you can.  They're pretty thin on the ground these days, think the whole US only had about 400 left before the pandemic.  Last local one for me vanished almost 30 years ago.

Doing a supers game where the villain is letting giant movie monsters leave the screen to go on a rampage or grab carloads of innocent moviegoers and drag them into the film might be a cool use for this thing.

Also rather like the idea of cribbing the Frostgrave engine and doing crews made of teenage delinquents brawling with each other during a screening.  Add some rules for variable lighting as the movie progresses (High Noon is bright, the Old Outlaw Cave scene is pitch black).  Maybe add a urban myth mad slasher type as an uncontrolled menace.  Start most of the gangers in random cars throughout the lot and roll each turn to see whether they get out to join the rumble or keep on necking.  Bonus XPs the longer they stay in the car with their date.  Put a loot token in the concession stand to represent the night's take.  Eventually the cops show up and it's time to 23 skiddoo.

--- End quote ---

Extending that idea - Perhaps a noise mechanic. Two rival gangs are having a bust up whilst trying to avoid the attention of the local police chief and his crew who have come to keep an eye on the theater.

Each turn the film on show could have a varying noise level , and each action/weapon could generate noise points. The more points you generate, the greater modifier to your "Rumbled" dice - A roll of a D20. A 20 or more alerts the cops to your presence.

Could be fin to map out the noise of films and roll prior to a game to see which gang members have seen the show before and thus can plan their moves accordingly/receive a negative noise token for actions that turn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version