Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:54:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Kings of War Kislev vs Rokugan game  (Read 1953 times)

Offline mikos khan

• Mad Scientist
Kings of War Kislev vs Rokugan game
« on: October 11, 2021, 02:01:41 AM »
Last Friday our game group decided to try something different - a Kings of War game pitting Games Workshop Kislevites against a Legends of the Five Rings Rokugan army (assisted by some dwarfs - not pictured).  It was supposed to be a semi-historical matchup but the presence of the dwarves changed that hence it's inclusion here.  It was a hard fought game but the quality of the Rokugani/Mongol horse archery and the presence of a dwarf war machine (i.e. steam tank) shifted the balance in favor of the Mongols and they held the field at the end of 6 turns.  Photos below:   

Offline mikos khan

• Mad Scientist
Re: Kings of War Kislev vs Rokugan game
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 02:03:31 AM »
More photos

Offline mikos khan

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 02:05:13 AM »
Last ones

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 06:44:58 AM »
But we did use the Kings of War Historical rules and Army lists.  We except for the Dwarven Steam tank and Earth Elemental. 
FOUNDER OF THE D'ISREALI ARMY

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed Lamb, contesting the vote.
B Franklin.    ----

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 09:47:44 AM »
great figures.

Online sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 09:29:33 PM »
What’s Legend of the Five Rings?

Lovely stuff BTW.

Offline mikos khan

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 01:53:37 AM »
sir_shvantselot - Legend of the Five Rings is a card and role playing game with a Japanese theme.  They used to make an awesome line of miniatures but don't anymore.  However, the good news is that Valiant Enterprises picked up part of the line and you can still get some of the character figures (no cavalry though) through Noble Knight.   

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 02:22:57 AM »
sir_shvantselot - Legend of the Five Rings is a card and role playing game with a Japanese theme.  They used to make an awesome line of miniatures but don't anymore.  However, the good news is that Valiant Enterprises picked up part of the line and you can still get some of the character figures (no cavalry though) through Noble Knight.   
Most of those are mainly ones that were left over, the entire license for all of the L5R stuff got sold to Fantasy Flight by AEG and Valiant lost the use of the old sculpts.

I'd wanted to grab a few of the Void Guard from the range at the time it happened, along with a few others for Ronin

Online sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2021, 08:16:04 PM »

Thanks a lot. Now you mention it I think I did notice this Japanese style game on the FFG site but never connected it to “Rokugan”. Wonder how complex it is. Have been playing with getting the new FFG Lord of the Rings card game.

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2021, 11:52:28 PM »
Thanks a lot. Now you mention it I think I did notice this Japanese style game on the FFG site but never connected it to “Rokugan”. Wonder how complex it is. Have been playing with getting the new FFG Lord of the Rings card game.

Rokugan is the setting for it. Used to be a minis, rpg, and card game...and there were some LARP stuff there as well.

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 06:44:31 AM »
There will be a rematch.  Kislev will Prevail. 

Offline Bessron

• Assistant
  • Fenrisbinder
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2021, 10:08:06 AM »
I like the Kislev figures very much. Especially the hussars. Yours are also beautifully painted.

I would love to have an army of them, but I can't manage another Oldhammer project^^.

I am looking forward to more pictures
Sorry for my English, I am still learning and translate with a program

My current project???
Chaosdwarfs or Infernal Dwarves or the Magmhorin

The Link to my Gallery her: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=1496;u=10157

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2021, 10:25:37 AM »
Adding an armoured war machine DOES tend to shift the balance between two 16th century forces.

Offline mikos khan

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2021, 02:27:10 AM »
Kislev vs Rokugan - Round two
This last Friday we had the long awaited rematch between the forces of Kislev and Rokugan (minus the dwarfs) but with extra Rokugani cavalry.  Unfortunately for the Kislevites the results were pretty much the same even though the fight was much closer than the first time.  The game began with an exchange of missile fire between the horse archers (supported by a Rokugani rocket launcher) followed by a heavy cavalry charge.  The fight was in the balance for a couple of turns until the Rokugani commander (me)  got a couple of extremely lucky dice rolls and broke the Winged Hussars on the Kislevite right flank.  While this was going on the Kislevites finally broke the Rokugani lancers on the left flank but used up almost all of their heavy striking power doing so.  Since the Rokugani right flank was still mostly intact we called the game at that point.     

Offline mikos khan

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2021, 02:31:59 AM »
More photos