Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:11:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Wargames Atlantic the Damned  (Read 2904 times)

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
Re: Wargames Atlantic the Damned
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2023, 04:06:18 AM »
Campaign funded, first stretch goal unlocked too. Less than 30k to the damned cavalry aka outriders.

Get to pledging, y'all. A futuristic rohirrim charge awaits!

Offline dwbullock

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2023, 06:42:20 PM »
I like Wargames Atlantic.  I have several of their kits, and always eyeing others.  Something about this set, though, just doesn't scratch any itches.  I'm not annoyed like many on the Faceblog that are yelling about established companies using group funding sites to launch new lines, about starting new lines without finished old, etc.  I'm just ... meh.  I hope it goes, and I hope they follow it up with some more 'full lines' of stuff.  The post-apoc / not imperial guardsmen just never factored into my voting for potential future sets.

I am glad to see so many are hyped by it, though.  I'm also impressed by their offerings of STL for those who can't wait.  I don't have a printer, but that's some forward thinking (as now shown by Mantic) in a game company.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2023, 07:10:35 PM »
I’m all for the sets. All of them  :P

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2023, 08:23:43 PM »
I like Wargames Atlantic.  I have several of their kits, and always eyeing others.  Something about this set, though, just doesn't scratch any itches.  I'm not annoyed like many on the Faceblog that are yelling about established companies using group funding sites to launch new lines, about starting new lines without finished old, etc.  I'm just ... meh.  I hope it goes, and I hope they follow it up with some more 'full lines' of stuff.  The post-apoc / not imperial guardsmen just never factored into my voting for potential future sets.

I am glad to see so many are hyped by it, though.  I'm also impressed by their offerings of STL for those who can't wait.  I don't have a printer, but that's some forward thinking (as now shown by Mantic) in a game company.

The problem with mantic's version of digital is that they've made current product lines available as digital, thus devaluing stock on shelves in retail stores everywhere.

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2023, 08:26:14 PM »
Back on topic:

Damned Outriders (cavalry) have funded/freebie sprue added, and we're on the path of more freebie unlocks until the hounds at 200k. The hounds have been previewed on the Wargames Atlantic website:

https://wargamesatlantic.com/blogs/news/up-close-the-damned-hounds

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2023, 02:45:28 PM »
On Dakka Dakka, Wargames Atlantic has confirmed if you add multiple "X box" packages, you get the freebies associated with those packages. Meaning you can effectively multiply your freebies if you pledge more money.

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2023, 03:39:29 PM »
I was very pleased with my WGA Dark Age Irish miniatures, so this interests me greatly.
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2023, 09:04:11 PM »
https://gamefound.com/projects/mwg--wargames-atlantic/the-damned/updates/15

Campaigns been dialed up several degrees in regards to free plastic.

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2023, 02:55:15 AM »
Backed for 5 boxes in the confident expectation this will meet any and all future needs for cultist/scumbag type armies. Riders, guns and hounds are all on the table now.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2023, 08:10:06 PM »
I went in for 3 boxes immediately, mostly to get Ogryns and horses with Gas masks for my not-evil gas-masked IG army.   Might up my pledge to 5 if something particularly good pops up.   

The new choose-your-sprules for the bonuses is pretty great in that you can essentially get a free box worth of miniatures of your choice starting at the 3 box pledge level. 

Offline PatrickWR

• Scientist
  • Fully Painted Since 2010
    • Comrade's Wargames
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2023, 05:45:15 PM »
These models are pretty cool! My buddy has the STL files and printed a few for me to paint up for my Dark Mechanicum Heretek warband. The two Damned models are on the far right and far left in this pic.