Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:29:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Khurasan 15mm Zulu War range - photos added  (Read 708 times)

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
Khurasan 15mm Zulu War range - photos added
« on: October 20, 2021, 02:06:56 PM »
All,
      I’ve no connection to the company, except in wanting to:see this range expanded.  If you are not aware, Khurasan has a beautiful but small range of 15mm figures for the Zulu War.  I’ve just started buying them, and plan to continue to do so.  Take a look and try to support him.  Here some photos of my painted models in action.

https://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/late-nineteenth-century.html

« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 11:58:19 PM by NickNascati »

Offline Ranthony

• Scientist
Re: Khurasan 15mm Zulu War range
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 03:47:47 PM »
Here here! As they say in our parliament.

I have only recently stumbled upon this manufacturer, which is generally outside of my scale but looking at their Zulu war range, I will say this.....

In 15mm, it is incomparable to any other.
The animation the sculptor has managed to attain in these miniatures does not only reflect men at war, this range (specifically the Zulu's) offers realistic poses, REALLY realistic.

I will dip in as the Zulu war is my passion and the flats on the miniatures, combined with the ability to place shields however you like.....that does it for me.

Cheers

Ry

Exodus 1:10 KJV
Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land.

Online FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 01:56:42 AM »
Still debating about buying some of the figures from the range - though I have zero plans to do the Zulu war.  Might use them in a different, fictional colonial setting.

If you are not familiar with Khurasan, take some time to peruse the website.  There are all sorts of treasures to be found hiding in the 'pulp and other stuff' ranges as well as in the historical ranges.  Service is good, too.

Now, if he would only release some 'civilian' female and male and youngster neolithic folk as well as some additional neolithic megafauna, I could justify another order.  But don't ask him to do it - he will come back and tell you the price to commission what you ask for.  Nothing wrong with that, of course, and sensible even.  Just saying.  Nice figures.

And if you want to do 1950s and 60s sic-fi movie inspired gaming in 15 mm, Khurasan is THE place to go.

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 02:01:16 AM »
Fifteensaway,  I get the impression that Khurasan is a one man band operation.  He told me he will do more Zulu war figures if these ones sell, so far, they are not selling well at all.