Forum > Workbench

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table

(1/81) > >>

quidamcorvus:
Construction of the 'Ruins of Mordheim' modular table, part 1.

If you follow the Warheim FS Facebook fan page, you already know that I started building a modular table with the Mordheim ruins.

As a base, I used 16 square modules with dimensions of 40x40 centimeters made of plexiglass, on which I glued bricks cut from styrodur, from which I placed roughly the surface of the table. The modules themselves should allow for almost any configuration of the battlefield.

Ultimately, I want the game table inside the walls to have many levels, bridges and footbridges, unlike Teufelsberg, allowing you to use the rules that allow you to climb, jump and dive charges.

The ruins of the buildings were made of buildings models from Lasercut Buildings, the same ones that I used to build Teufelsberg.

Bloggard:
fabulous.

looking forward to seeing further work on this  :-*

fred:
That’s looking mighty impressive.

Can I ask about the use of the white styrofoam blocks? Are these representing ruined buildings, and hence the square nature, or is it that these will be shaped further?

Also you seem to have edge strips - will these limit how the tiles can be placed together?

quidamcorvus:

--- Quote from: Bloggard on November 02, 2021, 09:08:07 AM ---fabulous.
Thank you.

looking forward to seeing further work on this  :-*

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: fred on November 02, 2021, 12:17:39 PM ---That’s looking mighty impressive.

Can I ask about the use of the white styrofoam blocks? Are these representing ruined buildings, and hence the square nature, or is it that these will be shaped further?

Also you seem to have edge strips - will these limit how the tiles can be placed together?

--- End quote ---
Thank you. Styrodur blocks will be mainly foundations and basements of buildings that will stand on them. There will be a river around the city ruins, at least in this alignment. But these will be modules, so you can change it and make yourself a river inside.

Workshop: Construction of the 'Ruins of Mordheim' modular table, part 2.

AlienLAB Miniatures and Rotten Factory decided to support the construction of a modular table with the Ruins of Mordheim.

If you follow the reviews published on the blog, you could already see Pile of Skulls from AlienLAB Miniatures, which I used to valorise the lanterns I bought on Allegro . But in the photo below, there are definitely more bits that you can use to valorize your building models.

On the other hand, gypsum elements from Rotten Factory will be perfect for the valorization of building models and will be used to cover the walls of modules.

Bloggard:
is that painting on the lamps illumination or ... actual little lights?

looks very convincing!

oops, watched the little video on your blog now (and the wires should have been a bit of give away, it's true). That's brilliant - fantastic touch.

what a fabulous table this is going to be  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version