Forum > Workbench

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table

<< < (76/81) > >>

Pattus Magnus:
That’s amazing work, yet again!

quidamcorvus:

--- Quote from: Constable Bertrand on March 21, 2024, 09:24:25 AM ---ooh nice wizards tower  8)

I'm impressed you keep going with the hand crafted materials (and 3d printing) but haven't done molds of those little doors/windows yet. Very impressive QC.

The ghost banshees look a little out of place, are they permanent ghosts or are they going to be "statues". Perhaps mount them on a pin or magnet so you can put them there when people come close?

Cheers
Matt

--- End quote ---
Thank you. Handmade doors and shutters are different, that's why I don't make molds.

The ghosts will be statues, just like a monument standing on the ground.

--- Quote from: Pattus Magnus on March 21, 2024, 03:43:54 PM ---That’s amazing work, yet again!

--- End quote ---
Thank you. :)

Tutorial: Doors made of coffee sticks.

Today  I have a short guide for you, in which I will show you step by step how to make doors from coffee sticks in models depicting the ruins of Mordheim.

To make doors and shutters you will need a few coffee sticks or other thin wooden strips, a sharp knife, a marker, a hand drill, as well as a paper clip, wood glue and cyanoacrylate glue.

I started working by cutting coffee sticks to a length equal to the height of the door.

Then, using a sharp knife, I cut the fragments lengthwise to obtain narrower slats.

If you want to age the door, be careful, you can, for example, use a lighter and burn the cut slats with a flame.

If you decide to take such a step, be careful and prepare a container with water to extinguish the fire.

In the next step, I cut the coffee stick into sections whose length is equal to the width of the door.

I cut the fragments obtained in this way lengthwise to obtain narrower slats, which I then glued with wood glue perpendicular to the vertical slats.

Then, from the previously prepared narrower fragments, I cut out further fragments and glued them with wood glue at an angle between the previously glued horizontal beams.

To make imitation hinges, I used a toothpick cut into pieces, which I forgot to mention earlier, and glued them with wood glue.

Then, using a thin drill placed in a hand drill, I drilled holes in the previously glued beams imitating the places where the nails should be placed.

Then, using tools, I made door handles from a paper clip and glued them with cyanoacrylate glue in the holes drilled with a hand drill.

And I placed the doors prepared in this way in the frames intended for them, located on the models.

Thew2:
Fantastic stuff, those doors look incredible!  Thanks for posting up the tutorial on them.

mikedemana:
I love how you turn the paperclip into the door hardware. I was sitting there thinking, "What is he going to do with that??"  lol

Looks great, and thanks for the tutorial!  :-*

Mike Demana

beefcake:
That looks great.  A lot of hard work paid off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version