Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:32:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Stargrave meets the Doc and Kylie.  (Read 852 times)

Offline mothman

• Librarian
Stargrave meets the Doc and Kylie.
« on: October 18, 2021, 11:04:38 PM »
Testing the new addition for Stargrave using Doctor Who and Daleks for a change and yes Kylie.
https://moth107.blogspot.com/

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
Re: Stargrave meets the Doc and Kylie.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 11:48:52 AM »
"...as the Blue leader dalek was on his back for some reason but this was all to change as the dalek proceeded to get back on his feet or something along these lines..."

I prefer to imagine the "stun" condition on Daleks as their travel machine going haywire from damage for a bit, leading to them whirling around like a coked-up Tasmanian Devil while shrieking MY CONTROLS ARE IMPAIRED!!!  MY CONTROLS ARE IMPAIRED!!! at ear-splitting volume.  :)

Lovely table, and why the hell did I never think of building mini-layouts inside shelves like that until now?  So easy to store and transport, that's genius.   

Offline Sakura

• Bookworm
Re: Stargrave meets the Doc and Kylie.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 10:52:43 AM »
As you suggested Tim, the Matt Smith Doctor regenerated into the Peter Capaldi version for the next scenario from the Quarantine 37 supplement with Clara replacing River Song.
Because of the constraints of using the spaceship the scenario required a few tweaks one of which meant that the game played out in a co-operative way without a shot being exchanged between the two teams.
Andrew rejected the Daleks and took an all female crew instead.  We then hacked our way through hordes of ever replenishing zombies on different decks and exited with our loot at the far end.  We both collected all the available loot and amazingly only lost three figures between us.  Sadly, Clara was one of the casualties.

"Lovely table, and why the hell did I never think of building mini-layouts inside shelves like that until now?  So easy to store and transport, that's genius. "

Yes, it was a brilliant idea but the easy storage never worked out as, for some reason, the file cabinet carcase was not supplied with the completed drawers.  Originally designed for a Space 1889 version of Aliens it also works as a (rather clunky) future spaceship or can be re-configured as a version of Nemo's Nautilus or as an underground bunker complex.  The late Hugh Wilson, who built this from a design that my daughter drew when she was at school some 25 years ago, is greatly missed.