Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:41:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685058
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Strange Aeons Meets Bureau 13 (2nd AAR added, p. 1)  (Read 7007 times)

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
Re: Strange Aeons Meets Bureau 13 (2nd AAR added, p. 1)
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2021, 07:11:44 PM »
And yet another exciting and entertaining after battle report. As before your prose introduction was great and really set the atmosphere for the game. I  was thinking myself of using dual teams so as to be able to use a higher class of Lurkers, after seeing how it worked for you definitely something I plan on using.

As to scenery I myself back in the Epic days mainly used pieces of carved foam and trees and lichen attached to pieces of formica, poor but passable. Wasn't until I started playing P.P.'s Hordes that I actually started collecting commercial scenery. Mostly GW stuff, plastic hills and trees and such along with their nice foam pieces and some of the nicer aquarium stuff I ran across. Going to pick up some of the Marshport buildings then I think I should be in decent shape to start (after I throw some basic paint on the plastic stuff.) But even unpainted I found that the scenery adds a lot to the game.

Thanks as always for sharing and looking forward to the next installment. Wish I could be there to play with you.
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline ZenWired

• Librarian
    • A Rust Monster Ate My Sword
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2021, 12:18:41 PM »
Thanks, diehard - glad you enjoyed it!

I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff on the table. Those Marshport buildings are tempting - I almost blew my birthday budget on a bunch of them. (There's that whole wanting to stage the Raid on Innsmouth thing, again...) But I decided to go another direction. Still, I may yet grab a few of them...

And if you're ever planning on being in the upstate NY area, we should talk.
My RPG blog: A Rust Monster Ate My Sword
My miniatures gaming blog: A Hard Won Thing

"You fool, Warren is DEAD!"

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2021, 05:42:05 PM »
Hey Zenwired, I see that your topic has a lot of views but sadly very few comments but rest assured I can't overstate how much I  appreciate your efforts and time spent on writing up these AAR's,they are very inspiring to me at the very least. I hope to be posting some of my own very soon.

Was looking through the scenarios and a lot of them are very applicable to the MARS Protocol concept. Finishing up two more of the Cthulhu Wars figures and am going to maybe knock off the Bob Murch cultists before I go back to painting the SA figures but think I'll be good to start playing shortly.

And where in upstate NY are we talking about here? I live in NE PA so maybe getting together sometime is something I wouldn't rule out. My thanks once again for your great posts, I anxiously await the next installment.

Offline ZenWired

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2021, 12:14:06 PM »
Thanks, diehard! I'm glad I can help inspire people to post their own stuff - can't wait for the MARS Protocol reports. I'm sure they'll be awesome. :)

I'm a little north of Syracuse - potentially not too bad or potentially a bit of a haul, depending... :D

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2021, 02:36:04 AM »
You're more than welcome my friend but still feels like I should be thanking you. I can't overstate how inspiring it is to see your excellent posts as I re-enter the world of Strange Aeons myself. Oh I'd still be going forward with my plans but seeing your stuff just makes it all the more fun.

And Syracuse is about a three hour drive from here which would be too far to drive myself with my neck and back in the shape they're in but there are always other options so as I also said getting together at some point in the future is something that I definitely wouldn't be ruling out. But for now we have the great LAF to keep in touch, share ideas and have some great conversations in general. Rest assured your efforts are greatly appreciated and are often the high point of many a day.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2021, 10:24:44 PM »
Great looking game and an outstanding write up!! :-*
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline ZenWired

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2021, 03:34:07 PM »
Thanks, marianas_gamer! And diehard, likewise!

Alas, no battle report today thanks to birthday, Halloween, and folks not feeling well getting in the way. Hope to play the next installment soon - stay tuned!

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2021, 08:02:35 PM »
It's always a drag when real life gets in the way of hobby time (which in of itself is off times hard to fit in there.) Hoping that everything works out well for you and will be patiently awaiting the continuation of your most excellent campaign.

Offline Dan55

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2022, 04:24:06 AM »
This is definitely a wonderful and entertaining story line, thanks.

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2022, 08:09:19 PM »
Yes. a really good AAR and story line.  Well done.
 :)